WHOSE RACING IN 2006 ???

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

we'll , be there.

Post by Dr Goggles »

Rolling , rolling , rolling ...we have a rolling chassis..steering not sorted from the box back to the wheel but that wont be long , rear end sorted , gearbox finished this week, pedal set prototyped , could be better...'ckin long long way to go , very very leeetle tarm laddy.....at the moment we have Sunshine's biggest billy cart .. 8)
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

G'day Joe Amo,
The number of bikes at the lake grows each year and it'll be damn fine to see ya'll in 06. There'll be a queue of blokes at your pits with that line up of machinery, all up for a cold one and a chin-wag.

Throw a bunch of your t-shirts and merch into the shipping crates, we love that stuff over here.

For the others lurking about,
Checked out Ben's bike last weekend (see post above). Sure looks sweet.
Really nice lines with a big rake on the forks, a small wheel and slick on the front, and a tall Mickey Thompson LSR tyre at the business end, mounted on an aluminium wheel (forgot to take the camera - damn).

Takes off like a salt racer should, like a rocket; slow at first - then zoom and the street runs out before he can hit second - friendly wave to the neighbours on the return run. Now he's stripping it for painting: Kwaka green with a white GT stripe down the centre. This will contrast with the mostly black motor and frame, with aluminium components here and there. Extractors and megaphone are the only chrome bits.

Dave Partridge was there talking up the improvements to the yellow RX7. Euro style front end, we shouldn't see a repeat of snow shovel incident when she dug the generous front spoiler into the salt at 120 mph. He's starting an enclosed trailer as we speak.

The tank of Dr. Goggles, Reverend Headgash, and... hey, what'ya call Graham, besides the obvious expletives? Anyway, hope their tank makes it. K'mon Graham get that donk finished! Their front axle is pure artistry.

Regs,
Pete Q
speedster356

Post by speedster356 »

Yup should be there if all goes well. Still trying to find a class to fit the thing into! I might need some help here......
It's currently used for hillclimbs/sprints and drags.
Replica 550 Porsche Spyder with Japanese running gear?
Hope to run about 330hp at the rear wheels from it's current 250hp in mild tune.
Still need to rebuild the cage to meet the rules from it's current config, but it'll get there. :?

http://www.petermcleod.com/petesrides.html
The sickly green coloured one!
See you there
Pete Mcleod
plastic not classic racing
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Peter did you once own a few Citroens??
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
speedster356

Post by speedster356 »

Nope not me gazza :D
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Peter if you really want to give the officals a bit of class trouble this year, bring along that fantastic turbine bike! It looks a treat. With all the bike guys coming across from the US I'm sure there would be great interest in it, even if you just parked it out the front of you pit.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
speedster356

Post by speedster356 »

Yeah the bikes coming, if only to cook the snags in the evening....need to make a new turbine shaft again. Was up camping at Mt Panorama during Bathurst Speed Week, combination of too much amber fluid lubrication, some rocks on the road = suck rock into turbine wheel when doing 80,000 rpm....exit compressor wheel and shaft....good clean fun. :)
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Peter of 356 fame
I believe the class you would run in would be G/BMS meaning up to 2000cc blown (turbo) modified sports .
ben james

Post by ben james »

member 389 steve barnett of gt750 suzuki 2 stroke fame wasn't going to bring his bike this year so i said share the riding duties with me on my z1000. where hoping to do about 10 runs a piece. he's down from sydney for a week to paint the bodywork for me.
how's everyone else going with prep.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
ben james

Post by ben james »

sorry i meant member 391 still a bit delirious from last nights beers and garage bullshiting session
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
speedster356

Post by speedster356 »

Thanks Don, I thought that might be the case. The only thing is it's a full replica, no original parts. But there are over a thousand fibreglass bodies that has been built around the world as mine?
I'm just interested in getting down there and having some runs and having some fun on the lake .... :D
gennyshovel

are we there yet Gavin?

Post by gennyshovel »

WHY,,,,,do things ALWAYS wait 'till the last minute nears to stuff up?
The palcoon has 3 dont wanna seal inlet valves
The new snell helmet is lost in lala land
the visa card shudders @ 4 new tyres & rego renewal.

'Spose I could always ride the Postie bike all the way? (bugga,,10 miles to the tank ol methanol,,500 miles to the salt,,best i make a fuel tanker next)!
I think its hot enough to go out in the shed again to sweat grease again now,, :cry:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Dr Goggles

Tow-car dramas

Post by Dr Goggles »

...........same here Tiny , my "Fooly Sick" 308 is well , just sick....that waters goin' somewhere....into a crack in one of the heads I fink.....mmmmm...these things are sent to try us.....
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

WOHOOOOOOOOO ! the palcoon's FIXED (what a headF***)
The snell m2000 helmets 'eere (2nd one, 'cos No1 never came)
The leathers fit (no diet needed, just more leather)
The cat's loosin' its food bowl so I can fit all my guage wiring into the headlight shell (NO ! it's NOT streamling :D )
Time for a shed skyhook suspended bottle 'o methanol to make sure the postie still goes WHOOPAAASS WHOOPAAASS (flushing the fuel system sux)
Next job,,,NOMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
alphabet

Post by alphabet »

:lol: gennyshovel don't sweat with the postie bike just get the treadley out

http://www.swissrocketman.com/films/VeloDonald.wmv