WHOSE RACING IN 2006 ???

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

WHOSE RACING IN 2006 ???

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

I AM . Have heard the following are . Mathew Saunders in the Fiat topolino 253 ci V8 . Chris Hanlon XP Falcoon ute Chev V8 . Kevin Saville T bucket thingy with supercharged 10 million rpm holden 186 ( it hasnt been to lake since 2001 )
LIST YOUR NAME IF YOUR GOING ( please )
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day
Yes I am going for sure.
Now Don I feel quite insulated to hear you insinuate that I would run a Chev motor. Imagine that defacing a wonderful old Falcon with a Chev :lol:

Chris
gennyshovel

working on 2006

Post by gennyshovel »

The bikes ready,,just gotta sort the safety stuff out, and nominate
The leyland has a new clutchpack,,and it'll be there.
cheers Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

C Hanlon wrote:G'Day
Yes I am going for sure.
Now Don I feel quite insulated to hear you insinuate that I would run a Chev motor. Imagine that defacing a wonderful old Falcon with a Chev :lol:

Chris

UM sorry but wot is it , dont tell me its a Toyota
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Tiny ,
when you say "the Leyland" I assume you mean a P76?...Yay!!! 8) ..Careful those Silverton boys don't "midnight spares" it. We'll be there again , there is a small but very real chance the tank will be finished , however it is an absolute certainty that we will be breaking down the whole way in the Reverend's old Chev' .

BTW Chris I've got a couple of nice shots of you in the XP...they're prints so you'll have to wait til March.

see you ALL there '06.
Dr Goggles
"It's mine and I'll wash it however I like"
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Yep 2 riders this year, still testing and making changes but a lot further ahead than this time last year!
hawkwind racing

hopefully

Post by hawkwind racing »

Every intension of being there, God willing , maiden year for my new DIY thingy , busy fiberglassing & painting , now to find a big lacky band :)
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day
Yeah Don its alright I'll forgive you, to refresh your memory its a (sorry can tell ya but I'd have to kill ya) with nitrous.

Heh Doc Gogg, can't wait, does the ego wonders to think others stop and take a photo of your own ride. I reckon she looks great in Grandad grey on the salt. Can't wait to get out there again. Its an itch you just have to scratch ehh.
Seeya Chris :D
BEN JAMES

Post by BEN JAMES »

yeah i am, running the kawasaki in mg1000 & mpsg1000 if the fairing doesn't hit the ground. only got 2 inches ground clearance with it on. hey ronnie stayt nice photo in drags magizine what does that zx12 run. also does anyone know how much fuel their bike uses over the run on lake gairdner.
regards ben
aka green hornet
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Ben, roughly cc per min=hpx5 (petrol)if you have an idea of your max hp you can figure fairly quickly your fuel needs,
gennyshovel

Hey Goggles

Post by gennyshovel »

er,,well,,the "Leyland" refered to IS the silverton bike,,ha ha ha :twisted: for those who hadn't realised,,theres a "postie bike" sharing the Leyland "big top" with phil (mr 151mph HD) and Fraze ,Trevor & co :D
Obviously the Silverton Pub has a lot to answer for eh! (just what kinda booze do they sell out there)?
Cheers,,Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Dr Goggles

Silly me

Post by Dr Goggles »

.....ah! ...I was just about to suggest that if it was a P76 you could chuck the Honda in the boot .....PLUS I was thinkin' shit! If these BMC nuts ( :? :shock: :roll: )are serious next we'll have a land crab out there :lol: Great to hear that Phil Cvirn is coming back , I also have some good stills of him and glide .

Who else is coming?????????????
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Hello Doctor. One Land Crab at the ready!
Yesterday I checked out DAB's new purchase (of the Dave & Hamish Geek Show). Shortie turbo diesel, 90's model. It'll be in our convoy old sock!
Pity those boys don't have the dosh to drive those V8 101 Army crabs out there. Now that would be fun.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

yep i`ll be there :D , on me XZ12 establishing a base line for future events 8) , geez it be nice to squeeze a 200 out of her :shock:
ben, she dose 9.7`s @ 144, im happy with that considering its a stock motor, with a meggy, and gearing change. what edition # of drags magazine was it in?
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
landracing

Post by landracing »

I know from the USA side the following line up is scheduled to come.

Ack Attack Motorcycle Streamliner - powered by two Suzuki Haybusa engines and single turbo.... Running FIM sanctioning during the event. Been 328 mph with different rider, but looking to take new rider there any beyond.. Has been talk of 400 mph....

John Noonan FIM record setting bike Turbo Suzuki Hayabusa has had fastest one way pass for 259 mph... Running I believe MPS-BF 1350 for FIM sanctioning....

Joe Amo and brother Jon bringing over old school 1990 ZX10 fastest speed to date is 244 mph. Will also be running FIM sanctioning as well as DLRA records. Looking to get both of us in the DLRA 200 mph club. Will be running MPS or APS - BF and BG 1000cc.

Jim Higgins bringing over his Buell monster turbo I believe... Running DLRA records...

I will be having internet on site during the event via satellite to update Landracing.com with whats going on pictures and commentary. Email will also be available....

We all can't wait to tip a cold one with you all "down under"....

Jon Amo
http://www.landracing.com
http://www.landracing.com