WHAT WE SAW !!!! AT LAKE GAIRDNER IN 2006

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DON NOBLE

WHAT WE SAW !!!! AT LAKE GAIRDNER IN 2006

Post by DON NOBLE »

I met Dr Goggles . Saw a guy riding around on a Vespa scooter with sidecar and decorated , well , it should be in the national art gallery , ya had ta see it . ( yes it was Dr Goggles ) . Did you find your wallet Dr Goggles and how many tyres did you blow in th EH on the way home ? Mathew Saunders ( Fiat Toppolino man ) blew 3 tyres on the rd back to Iron Knob . How many know that Toppolino means " little mouse " in Italian .
Yes there were lots of different oddities there , people and vehicles , pls add ya comments anybody .
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Feed
It
Again
That
little mouse
Dr Goggles

Et tu

Post by Dr Goggles »

Yes I met an interesting bloke ......oddity maybe .Drove all the way from Brisbane in his race car down the Newell( one of my favorite drives) with classical music full blast on the stereo!!! :lol: :lol: Great to meet you too Don :D I met Brian de Courcy who thought my description of his "Candy-Belle Express" funnier than ANYBODY else , he's an absolute classic and a top trouper , Graham Robinson who built our front axle and is one of Lynchie's crew , smoothie. Tiny , close up ...Hey Mr Postman....!!!tried hard but didn't find anyone I didn't like.

Got home on the available tyres but had to do another harmonic balancer( friggen hell that's a whole 'nother story...F*** Pt Wakefield wreckers!) , boiled the new battery :? :x , didn't find wallet.....but W.F.cares ,I had a ball , yet again.

Haven't paid my speeding fine yet :oops:

Vespa : no time slips.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Mopar Man

Re: WHAT WE SAW !!!! AT LAKE GAIRDNER IN 2006

Post by Mopar Man »

DON NOBLE wrote:I met Dr Goggles . Saw a guy riding around on a Vespa scooter with sidecar and decorated , well , it should be in the national art gallery.

he didn't offer to take ya for a ride Don? :lol:
DLRA member # 486
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

We are still loking for a class fro the vespa
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

and in the DLRA camp area , kids standing on the roof of their dads 4wd trying to get mobile phone reception . Then they had rap music blasting out of said 4wd stereo for way too long , flattened the battery didnt they .

Oh yeah and in the pits , one datsun wagon going rev rev rev for long time , followed by silence and the biggest cloud of blue smoke i ever seen in the pits of any motor sport event i ever been too in my life . This was followed much much cheering from the Silverton pub boys and the rest of those in the pits .

ah dont ya love it !!!!!!!!
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

:oops: poor lil datsun, no one likes to see a fellow revhead hurt an engine, but,,oh , maaa ears,,the cheers were an automatic reaction.
I did notice that the following day , after some hasty repairs, the said datsun was much more ear friendly though, ha ha ha :D
Cheers 8) Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Dr Goggles

Vethpa

Post by Dr Goggles »

grumm441 wrote:We are still loking for a class fro the vespa

It's in "All Class" :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

And for next year

I'm thinking scooter trike with lounge chair on the back
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

grumm441 wrote:And for next year

I'm thinking scooter trike with lounge chair on the back

You better make sure its registered grumm, or it'll just be a flashy stationary lounge chair, lol
Cheers 8) Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Of course
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

gennyshovel wrote::oops: poor lil datsun, no one likes to see a fellow revhead hurt an engine, but,,oh , maaa ears,,the cheers were an automatic reaction.
I did notice that the following day , after some hasty repairs, the said datsun was much more ear friendly though, ha ha ha :D
Cheers 8) Tiny

....what about Dave Partridges RX7(that didn't get there this year) EVERY time he turns it off he gets a round of applause :lol: jeez it's hard on the ears :shock:
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Trouble is with the Vespa..... the DLRA entry fee for the event is worth more than the bike.........

scrap value that is

......... otherwise its invaluable.... to its intreprid owner
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Dr Goggles

Now , now

Post by Dr Goggles »

Intrepid is the spelling gazza and I was just the hired rider , the owner is a mysterious and somewhat shady character who you might just be depending on to get you through scrutineering some time :lol: ...oh BTW it's been sold .....and for a not insubstantial sum , yeah , I know :wink:
Brootal

Post by Brootal »

DirtyDave wrote:Feed
It
Again
That
little mouse

Actually... I heard it stood for

F&*K
Italy
After
This!!!! :lol:
When I grow up I want to be a Land Speed Racer!

DLRA #777

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]www.the-rumbler.com[/url]