2003 Speed Trials

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

2003 Speed Trials

Post by DLRA »

With the recent monsoonal rains sweeping across Australia there has been lots of entrants and spectators wanting to know about the lake. Rod contacted the Mt. Ive homestead yesterday, 3" inches of rain has fallen on the lake and surrounding area. This is no where near enough to make a puddle let alone run off to the Lake. If required Mike Davidson will visit the Lake next week for an inspection, but at this stage its all systems go. For more detailed information go to the South Australian Flood Warning Centre web page. The Lake Gairdner page will be updated this week with information about flooding and catchment of the Lake etc.
Sidewinder Mike

Post by Sidewinder Mike »

Well, what's the scoop, where Can I get the results of the 2003 Event.....
Hope all went well......
Sidewinder Mike
#300 C/STR
SCTA-BNI/Sidewinders
http://www.tonerlady.com/sidewinders/
DLRA
Site Admin

2003 Results

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Mike,
Your just a bit early yet. Although racing has concluded, there is no communication from the Lake to the outside world. There is a radio phone at the homestead, but rates are very expensive. The boys have to finish the re-location of the DLRA camp which should be yesterday and today (Thursday-Friday). They will leave camp probably Friday afternoon all going well and arrive back at the Big 4 Caravan Park at Port Augusta for the first decent shower they have had in 7 days late this afternoon. Tonight will be the usual wind-down BBQ and a last chance to see most members together until next year. I think there may be one or two drinks to be had as well. Saturday morning most crews will head home, this will take them 15 hours to Melbourne, 25 hours to Sydney , the guys from Queensland won't get home until Monday some time.

So by the time Peter faxes or posts me the results it will be tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest. I already have an updated version of the 2003 page sitting there just waiting for the information.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Sidewinder Mike

Post by Sidewinder Mike »

Ok, I'll wait, It's just that there hasn't been any racing since November and the LSR junkie's here are looking for a "fix" saw a post on the LSR list about a 200+ spin! We'll have to send down a "Spin Pin" from the SCTA. A good conversation piece. I "earned" one, somehow the number of times around seems to increase every year the story is told.....
Sidewinder Mike
#300 C/STR
SCTA-BNI/Sidewinders
http://www.tonerlady.com/sidewinders/
DLRA
Site Admin

A little bit of news

Post by DLRA »

Mike we'd run out of pins.......... :lol:

Spoke to the secretary and Pres yesterday, we're still a week away from results, so hang in there.

But here's some news to wet your appetite;

Moe Boys did a 190MPH in the XA Coupe
A 308 Commodore from Port Pirie did a very creditable 183
Leigh Russell and the little Suzki got a 129MPH (best of 96 last year)
Rod's best was 259MPH and a spin.

Generally All went well, the track was not finished until the Monday afternoon due to problems with a timing marker battery charger. Thursday was the big day with ideal conditions and over 180 runs!
There were about 55 competitors which is the same as last year.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Results

Post by DLRA »

The results are now posted to the 2003 page
http://www.dlra.org.au/2003.htm

Photos and Reports to follow in the next couple of weeks
DLRA WebMaster / Editor