Event Cancelled message

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

gazza414

Event Cancelled message

Post by gazza414 »

Could the person who updates the front end page of the dlra.org.au change the message wrt the event all going ahead NOT..if folks who dont know or access the forums would be left withthe impression that the event is still going ahead....

pls as this is the message that is sent out

Latest advice
Speedweek is still on and all teams are advise to be prepared to race on Monday 5th March 2007
28/02/2007 From Swozzie; It's all good, could'nt wait any longer, rang the station last nite... lake was dry as at yesterday and it has been up to 49degrees centigrade out there... so get your toys, hats, sunscreen n water and get going... only one more sleep to go for us... also, canteen will be operating at reduced speed on saturday and sunday, but in any case we will be fed... see ya soon, Ev
27/02/2007 Results from each day will be posted to the forum here
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Sorry but the front page cant be changed at the moment , because our webmaster is at Lake Gairdner and wont be back until Wednesday .
This is the 1st time for a few years that Greg has gone there . I have put messages up where i thought appropriate , but i,m afraid we cant get everybodies attention .
Guess we will all learn from this and come up with some solutions in future . Basically we are a bunch of ametuers ( not meant to be derogatory ) and are all volenteers . We try but sometimes things dont allways go perfect .
Any suggestions on how to improve the operation are allways welcome .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
mint29

Post by mint29 »

Don , and all the guys in DLRA. Don did the right thing putting up posts. Just a thought though, technology exists for a person to type a message on a computer and for it to be sent as a text, ( SMS ). Then when something as serious as cancelling Speed Week occurs, all members with mobile phones registered could be advised. Not easy, I know, but worth considering, with a lot of people in transit to the salt when this happened.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

As soon as the event was cancelled an attempt was made to call all that where pre entered, problem that most people gave false numbers on there entry form, an attempt was made to ring radio stations and channel 10 knew as they had a booking at Mt Ive'.
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

i have been involved with the palmyra drag club up here, thay can enter a sms message that goes out too all members,,, wireless and tv messages are good for people still at home, but are not so for those on the road,, a sms will get to ya at home/on the road, as soon as you are in range...
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi ronnie, how far did you get? seeing as you where leaving wednesday morning i imagined you would have got to the lake. i found out when i had travelled 950kms and had just passed port wakefield. you were the first person i thought of. anyway thats racing. i just feel so empty that i can't spend a week at the lake. it's my favourite week of the year.
as far as the lake surface goes i don't think anyone has expierenced this type of situation before. so to rod hadfield, rob carroll and all the other club stalwarts thank you very much for all the hard work you did this year.
also if the station owners are out of pocket for the food that they prepurchased this year, could the club offer them some sort of compensation as we really need them there next year as they make the event that much more comfortable. i for one would be glad to make a donation. anyway enough of that, on with 2008 speedweek prep. kermit probably won't be going next year, i'm starting on my new salt bike,
"the toecutter" please no one give this bike a daggy nickname. kermit was supposed to be called the green hornet until one of mates posted a picture of it with kermit the frog sitting on it. it's a 1981 gpz1100 & its sitting really low & lookin cool and hopefully it will be australias fastest air cooled motorcycle.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

It looks just like kermit's mate... Gonzo!!!
DLRA Member#412
ben james

Post by ben james »

noooooooooooooooo
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g`day ben, me and the mate were at nonning, 50k from the lake, when some blokes in a pejero flagged us down and delivered the news,,,, we had gone that far so continued on,,, the surface was definatly no good :roll: , blind freddie could have seen that, errrr felt that...
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,