Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

PJQ2

Car show in Melb this Sunday

Post by PJQ2 »

Early Falcon Nationals
Sunday 21 Oct, 10:00AM to 4:00PM
Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, Ascot Vale
Boulevard Hoecker (in one of the new monster sheds)

Now for the interesting bit...
Despite being a GM family, Dr. Goggles & Rev Headgash will let me take their baby to a Ford gathering for her first public appearance. The new Tank will sit beside Steve Barnett's Suzuki two-stroke, "Mr. Squiggle". I've done up a picture board of DLRA stuff, hopefully to avoid answering the same question three hundred times.

We're expecting around 200 early Falcons. Would be good to see you there, hope you're not as staunchly religious as The Rev, who's being dragged along kicking and screaming about a non-General event.

Showground entrance fee $5 per car load, and the club is asking a gold coin donation to help with costs.

Display with trade stands, mini swap-meet, special interest cars, food & refreshments available.
Free face painting for the kids (and older KISS fans).
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Couple of show pics...

Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Well done Pete.

Dr Goggles and I would like to thank publicly Peter for his efforts for arranging this outing and his help in simply getting the car there.

The early Falcon club seem to be a decent group of like minded enthusiasts and didn't take too badly to a GM product being there all considered. There were many interested visitors to the display.

There were some fine vehicles there too, my favorite being a subtly chopped woody styled wagon. Wooody looky very good on the salt...

Lots of Moon hubcaps and old school pleats gave a period charm, with a refreshing lack of 19" chrome crap wheels that seem to be the fashion everywhere else.

A huge thanks to Ryan Ford for doing a magnificent job on doing a freehand pin striped do-dah on our petrol tank. (He was seen on Cruisin' last night too doing some nice linework on a 32's set of scallops at the meet at Hadfield's this year).

If anyone needs some striping or old school signage lettering, I can recommend his work thoroughly.

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
momec

Post by momec »

Rev and Gog, This is a good progressive step step in your development and you now may have seen the light maybe theres an early Falcon in your future? :lol: I don't mind if it has a GM power plant.
Love Chris
Acme Racing #251