Who's racing in 2008???

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

the "aussie blu" zx12 will be there waveing the kawasaki flag amoungst the ever present hords of hayabusa`s :lol: ,,,
however which motor will be in it is in the lap of the gods at the moment,,, ran me rebuilt 200+ horsepower motor at our test and tune last friday night, just doin quiet laps running it in, last run at the end off the night she decided to drop oil pressure :cry: , i have the next ten days off work so will be out to remiedy the problem,,, if it proves too much too fix, i have a standard 2000 zx12 motor sitting here as a back up :wink:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
David Leikvold

butterflies

Post by David Leikvold »

Hey Doc, cometkartshop.com (I have yet to learn how to do live links) in the USA has butterfly wheels for $US38 plus freight. Comet stuff is good, I've used it before. They'll also have matching columns and adaptors too. Would be a lot easier than making one and quicker too, even at this time of year. And at that price it's hard to beat.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
David Leikvold

oops

Post by David Leikvold »

Sorry Doc, that should be cometkartsales.com. And yes, they do an adaptor for $4 and columns/shafts for about $30.
Dr Goggles

lepidoptera

Post by Dr Goggles »

pretty cheap that place innit....we were thinking a much deeper drag type wheel than that but the fittings all look decent and affordable , even those little stiletto racks....

tank progress is non-existant at da mo'.....

there'll be a thrash soon , then a mad dash in Feb I'd reckon... :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
David Leikvold

another option

Post by David Leikvold »

Doc, if you're wanting a deeper style wheel and other steering components you won't do better than Ken Lowe Race Cars on the Gold Coast. I don't know what his prices are like but the products are absolutely first class. And he's got everything you'll ever need. Check out his website. His stories are well worth reading too. I saw his work at a display at Willowbank Raceway once, he had a sample six point dragster roll cage just tacked together so you could see the joint fit. It was perfect. And so was everything else too.
No, I'm not being paid for this endorsement! I'm tempted to do his drag race school one day, it looks like it would be a great experience.
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

It will be tight, but we are still planning to enter a Vespa in 250cc Modified Partial Streamlining/Modified Engine : Gasoline. Here are the pics of the engine work as off a few weekends ago.

http://www.vespalabs.org/Labs/Lab_Days/ ... n_Workshop

Even if we don't get the engine ready in time, I am planning on at least testing out the streamlining with very mildly tuned engine, as that will at least give an indication of power needed for 2009 ;)
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Should be there with a couple of Busa's and maybe running a couple of Triumph 675's with a mate
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
momec

Post by momec »

Test drove the blessed bus today. So far so good. One more step toward racing. Got power steering back and fixed some gas supply issues.

Not long now fellas
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

made the decision today that i will not be bringing the zx12 to speedweek 08 :cry: ,,, she has spun a bearing, the third time this has happened, all on #2 rod :? ,,, after sitting this year out i intend in 08 to hit as many dragracing events as possible with the standard motor in :D ,,, during 08 we will find out what is killing me bearings, then fix, and concentrate on getting the strocker motor ready and reliable for 09, gairdner and bonneville 8) ,,,

however i will be coming over to lend a hand, and also crew for a mate who is bringing his 500cc bsa for a run :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

DON NOBLE wrote:YES I will be racing a NISSAN , you poor jealous buggas . Not sure what colour NISSAN , maybe the red wagon , or the blue wagon or are we all to be extremely privaledged and have the black pimpmobile CEDRIC racing .

Have decided to finish off the red wagon with the Nissan V8 in it .
Cedric needs a lot more time to get ready .
Blue wagon will be the backup to race if Reds not finished .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the contact info, talked to some of the guys and will be watching for another meeting.
Attempt to load pix here.

" No matter where you go, There you are. "

Alan & Jake ( un-tested 1975 Chev Monza )Image
Doug Odom

Post by Doug Odom »

Pop Motorsports will be coming back this year. Crated up the 2 motors we will be running this weekend and will ship them off tomorrow. Need to go get the steamliner out of the museum and prep it and install the first motor. Hope to see everyone, have a lot of fun and run some respectable speeds.
Doug Odom in big ditch
What happens in the shed...stays in the shed..
Speed costs money, How fast can you afford to go?
momec

Post by momec »

Test drove the wonderful bus up Cunningham Gap and return yesterday. She made it unladen over the top in 2nd. There is hope.

Tick that box and Now l can work on the race ute Yippee :lol:
Chris
PS a little bird told me the salt is good. Can't wait
Acme Racing #251
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Good to hear the yanks are coming over as well... I might even pray for effing dry hard salt...and those who know me know I'm not religous...just desperate for a good run and meet up with all the guys...and you too Ev

Good to hear ya up and running too Chris
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
momec

Post by momec »

Thanks Gazza
Spent a solid few days on the ute and am feeling warm and fuzzy. She sounds awesome and shakes all the cobwebs out of the rafters of the shed each time l fire her.
Slowly ticking all the boxes and your right will be good to catch up with all the real people after spending a year with mostly aliens.
Chris
Acme Racing #251