Who's volunteering in 2008?

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

David Leikvold

Who's volunteering in 2008?

Post by David Leikvold »

Not long to go now. At our Christmas get together at Don Noble's workshop today (Thanks again Don), the topic of volunteers came up in conversation. As the membership increases we will have a greater number of new members like me who are visiting the lake but haven't finished building cars. I and many others would be prepared to help out with any tasks but we need to be organised as we can be before the start of Speedweek. If we just turn up and have to go looking for anyone who might be able to give us something useful to do we'll be wasting a valuable resource, especially if we run two courses.
Can somebody who's done this all before please tell us when we should arrive so we can be most useful, what jobs will need doing, what useful things we could bring with us and anything else that we might need to know?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Broadly help can be placed into 3 catagories
1. before event set up
2. during speed week
3. after event pack & clean up

the one that needs the most assistance at present is #3 as few remain after racing to help with these tasks ,see Rob Carrol if you and your team can help
#1 ,jobs are to set up the race track and pits and set up the racers camp .see Andy to help at the camp ,for track set up Kev Saville or Rob Carrol ,possibly others
#2 Maintaining the camp facilities , see Andy . race duties pick between ,starters assistants , timmers assistants , scrutineering assistants , race directors assistants and other see race director or starter timer or scrutineer
There are many hundreds of tasks to do for a successfull race meet , just ask and something can be found for all racers , crews and visitors , the old saying many hands make light work is something to keep in mind
cheers and a merrry christmas and happy new year to all
DirtyDave

count me in

Post by DirtyDave »

I'll volunteer,
I'll be the spotter at the six mile marker,
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..