cancelled or postponed

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Here's another from You Tube, footage of the trip there, first glimpse of the salt, the canteen, the pits, start line, the serenity...

WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/i7yi_rYNcFE
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Greg,

Interesting that one of my Bonneville images is in slideshow two, should I go The Age and their photographer for breach of copywrite :wink:

I'll check out the other U tube movie later too, thanks for that.

Rob
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Hey Rob, I don't know how that image got into the slideshow I'll ask Dr G who put it the whole shebang together (all the other photos and recordings (including music) are his, yep that's him singing "silver HQ" and on guiter in "She starts").

Maybe you could tax him a tinnie when next at the lake?

I know he didn't get paid for it which was OK until another mate came out the following year with his trip fully funded by the Age!!!

Now why didn't we think of that?

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
Rob

Post by Rob »

Good Afternoon Your Reverence,

As long as he spent all that heaped praise on the tank we're all squared up. :)

One thing I have learnt since birth is that those with the most front get the most sponsorship (hence my trip through the void has been self funded!!!).

Cheers,
Rob
XW #901 180mph

Post by XW #901 180mph »

I can't take it any more!!!

I know we will get a full report on the condition of the lake once the teams at ground zero get back, however has anyone had a phone call from the lake to give us a bit of an idea on the condition of the lake surface.

Also if anyone is talking to someone up there could you ask them to check on the condition of "The Sick Lizard" (yellow XC wagon) that is parked with the Moe Boys car ie: are the tyres still up, has it rusted away yet etc etc. as I haven't seen it for a couple of years.

Regards Mark.
Reverend Hedgash

I have had a brief text from Dr Goggles saying that he and Pete are now both in Woomera having gone around the back of Lake Gairdner and that the "lake was hard but the access stuffed."

Sorry I cannot be more specific that is all the info I received.

They both met Dirty Dave on the way (hello) and Outback Trev.

Before they left we used google maps to mark all the tracks we could find around Island Lagoon onto a map so they could do an exploratory mission there which is where they are now and out of range.

One positive aspect of Island Lagoon is its proximity to the Stuart Highway (it actually crosses the lake to the north) and to Pimba railway station. Catch a train to the salt anyone? Maybe a DLRA carriage?

More details to come when I receive them.

RevH+
DLRA Member#412
Reverend Hedgash

Just spoke to Dr G. They are at Port Augusta and heading to your place Tiny, be there tonight!

Refer to DLRA's posting for further lake report.

RH+
DLRA Member#412