MY BIKE

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

nevco1112

MY BIKE

Post by nevco1112 »

just a quickie to all you tax dodgers out there WHEN CAN I USE MY BIKE !!!!!!!!! I HAVE MAJOR WITHDRAWAL SYMPTONS AND CANT STOP SHAKING.. NEV :lol: :lol: :lol:
nev
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

NEXT MARCH IS LOOKING GOOD.............................
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Go and join ANDRA or CAMS,then you could run ,"MY BIKE",whenever you want.Nev,the salt will happen when it happens,Mother Nature controls it,(Wish we could!)Cheers,Bob. #66 C/GCC.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

mate, its hard having a bike just for landspeed, getting to use once a year, maybe :roll: ,,, its also hard having a bike that serves as a dragbike during the year, then in a mad thrash, set it up for land speed, maybe :wink: ,,, the answer, have one for whatever gives ya your jollies, and have a dedicated landspeeder :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
nevco1112

Post by nevco1112 »

i gues your right but ive done everything else except salt. how do you blokes handling the fact youve spent all that money and time to use your vehicle once a year PERHAPS. and only relying on one venue if its available. i can convert my bike to whatever i want can you convert your cars? have you built them multi purpose?
nev
nev
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

one pass down the salt justifies all monies and time :) , somewhere at the event or in that pass you will catch "salt fever" :lol: ,,,, there is no cure 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Nev, how can you have "withdrawal symptoms" if you have never raced on the salt before ? The best thing you can do is wait until next March, like everyone else, or go drag racing. Perhaps you should have researched our sport before building "MY BIKE", then you would understand how we are at the mercy of mother nature. Have patience, the salt will happen ! Pete.
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Does the fact you guys keep talking about next March mean that the expert group wisdom believes we will not be able to reschedule before March 2009?

Or are you just having fun messin with our heads?
GH
Dr Goggles

2008?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Graeme H wrote:Does the fact you guys keep talking about next March mean that the expert group wisdom believes we will not be able to reschedule before March 2009?
GH

.that would seem to be a fair assumption judging by the amount of effort going into rescheduling.................
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

well hopefully we will be having a short track event up here in Qld before then , we trying ... some of us are doin the hard yards now
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Graeme H wrote:Does the fact you guys keep talking about next March mean that the expert group wisdom believes we will not be able to reschedule before March 2009?

Or are you just having fun messin with our heads?
GH

Wait for the April meeting, hopefully all will be reveald then.
There is a bloody lot of work being done as we speak.
A new date means co-ordination with the Newtons, fire crews, medical crews, surveyors, insurance, DLRA officals (starters, timers, etc) DEH and Indigenous groups. Plus there is no guarantee that what ever date we pick that the lake is going to be suitable.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I feel better already ..... just seeing someone say it may still happen!!!
I can only guess at the amount of work a few are doing to try and reschedule a meet for all of us in 2008. A great effort.
Lets hope you can make it happen.
See you at the April meeting
GH
Dr Goggles

Xclnt!!!

Post by Dr Goggles »

DLRA wrote:Wait for the April meeting, hopefully all will be reveald then.
There is a bloody lot of work being done as we speak.
A new date means co-ordination with the Newtons, fire crews, medical crews, surveyors, insurance, DLRA officals (starters, timers, etc) DEH and Indigenous groups. Plus there is no guarantee that what ever date we pick that the lake is going to be suitable.

8) cool!!!!
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..