Cudal Airport JANUARY???

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Rob

Post by Rob »

Heyyyy, brother Greg,

Thanks mate and sorry it's not going to happen this year I'm afraid.

Now onto important stuff, I do believe that congratulations are in order, well done!

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Thanks Rob
The collective effort of everyone involved within the A Ward group of bikes realy worked well :D
Rob

Cudal in January?

Post by Rob »

Were I to be dumb enough to try and organise it again, is there any FIRM interest in test n tune / NSW meeting at Cudal in January?

I am thinking late January and it would have to be a Saturday which would make it the 23rd or 30th.

You could mention it to any non-internet savy members too.

I'm not ringing Brian this time unless we get solid numbers up front. If your new to the board, read this thread from the start to get the lay of the land.

Briefly, $1500 for the day for up to 15 vehicles, $100/car after that. DLRA log booked vehicles only OR current DLRA scrutineered if a new vehicle.

Cheers,
Rob
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Gday Rob , me thinks you will be hard pressed to get the numbers if you restrict it to DLRA logbooked cars etc . Why not open it up to cars with CAMS log books ( if there is still such a thing ) , or cars that are legal on drag strips . I know at the drags test and tune events , you just need a helmet and seatbelts , and a lot of those cars are hitting close to 120 mph . We used to have a street class at the DLRA events , but that got canned , eventho we never had any problems with it . Be great to let newcomers have a run to get a taste of the speed , and hopefully get hooked on it , then want to race at the salt .... all food for thought :)
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
SPOOK

cudal airport january

Post by SPOOK »

You have not mentioned motorcycles as yet, whats the deal for us guys?
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Don,

No street cars was the only way we got to use the strip and that took some talking. Local drag racers were already told no.

I'll stick my neck out a little for DLRA cars/bikes but not every Tom, Dick and Harry. Then we'll be back in the mega buck insurance situation.

I would have thought that in January we could find a reasonable number of people who would like to test n tune before the salt. It doesn't have to be 15 or more, it just means we divide the minimum $1500 by the vehicle numbers in attendance, less any donations.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob

Re: cudal airport january

Post by Rob »

SPOOK wrote:You have not mentioned motorcycles as yet, whats the deal for us guys?

Spook,

That's why I said "vehicles" not "cars". Read back through the first few pages. It took quite a bit of convincing before Brian would allow us to run bikes due to the issues he had earlier with the stunt bike guy sueing him. If you go to the video link of some of their "event" you can see why someone got hurt.

Cars, bikes, trucks, lakesters, streamliners etc are ALL welcome to run as long as they have a current DLRA logbook or have been recently inspected by a recognised DLRA tech inspector. With luck we may have one or two in attendance on the day.

Cheers,
Rob
SPOOK

cudal airport january

Post by SPOOK »

Rob, Thank you for your reply. I can assure you that the DLRA motorcyclists are a mature lot and there will not be any stupid behaveor like the stunt guy wankers. For members like myself Cudal will be a test and tune day and a "get to gether" for all competitors to have a good and safe day out......Cheers, Russell.
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Russell,

Anyone who stuffs it up will be doing so for everyone so I'd hope it'll be self regulating in that regard.

Just be aware that I have not run it past Brian yet and won't until we have enough drivers/riders who are happy with the shared cost, less donations.

Right now we have you at $1500 for the day, two people would be $750ea, three down to $500ea and so on.

I should add too that I am not (and would not expect to) making a cent on the deal.

Cheers,
Rob