Speed Week 2009

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

yum

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi VN
Don't take any fresh food if you can avoid it, the meals are right next to the lake and about $15, take cereal,UHT, dry bickies etc....anything that goes weird if it gets shaken suffers on the road in.

see ya there.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
blownvn

Re: yum

Post by blownvn »

Dr Goggles wrote:Hi VN
Don't take any fresh food if you can avoid it, the meals are right next to the lake and about $15, take cereal,UHT, dry bickies etc....anything that goes weird if it gets shaken suffers on the road in.

see ya there.

OK thanks dude, It's starting to sink in that I'm finally going to the salt and I'm not prepared in the slightest. :)
geocacher

Re: yum

Post by geocacher »

Dr Goggles wrote:Hi VN
Don't take ....anything that goes weird if it gets shaken suffers on the road in.

Unless of course you like your eggs prescrambled....

DJ
Dr Goggles

shake it baby

Post by Dr Goggles »

one year I had three slabs in the trailer and had about a dozen cans "rub through"...pretty high attrition rate, everything smelt like beer because , um, the slabs were above everything else in the trailer....but that was OK because it all copped a big dose of dust too
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey Doc,

Here is as good as anywhere, well done on setting up the shirt sales on Landracing.com, seems they're the hot ticket over there.

Yell if you don't have a Paypal address and I can convert to cheque or direct deposit as Carol prefers.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Rob and Dr G don't forget about conversion rates and paypal fees, easy to get caught costing yourself money helping others .
Dr Goggles

yep

Post by Dr Goggles »

Yep onto that maj, won't be using pay-pal, and will be shipping in one hit to the US.........
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

When in Port Augusta stocking up supplies call in to the WESTERN Hotel and Foodland Supermarket both on the westside tell em DOC Murdock sent you,

Happy to oblige, can we pre-order half a pallet of Australia's finest... Carlton Draught
Where's the pub located in relation to the main town centre?

if you only need to go to the canteen leave your car on the lake and walk to get your food/drinks

Hi Rob,
is it worth setting up a marked area for canteen parking, on the lake at the exit?
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers

Post by Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers »

Hi PJQ2 You can pre order 08 86422781 speak to Mark tell him Doc sent you, the pub is just over the big bridge heading towards the lake on the left.

Regards DOC Murdock
Port Augusta Speed Seekers 1997 Ford EL Falcon
Rob

Post by Rob »

Greg Watters wrote:Rob and Dr G don't forget about conversion rates and paypal fees, easy to get caught costing yourself money helping others .

Thanks Greg,

It's Doc's deal mate, I just offered to help if I could.

Cheers,
Rob
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Just a quick note to say good luck to everyone this year.....Finally! :shock:

I'm gutted that I can't get to the salt, desperate to break my 'Salt virgin' status :shock: ! :lol:

I just hope I don't have to wait another three years :evil:

So once again best of luck to all racers, go fast and be safe :P :P

Please take loads of pics and video!

Make sure you swamp this site with pics and reports and stuff when you get back! 8)

Cheers!
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
ben james

Post by ben james »

all packed & ready to go. leaving melbourne at 6am in morning. will be in dark blue vt bommodore wagon towing a dark grey enclosed bike trailer.
feel free to hurl abuse as you pass me. all things going well would like to make it to port agusta tomorrow night.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
fredeuce

Speedweek 2009

Post by fredeuce »

Can anyone up near Pt Augusta advise where the last available fuel is ? That is, can you refuel at Iron Knob?
fredeuce
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

mate, i dont think so, i think i heard that the servo there has closed down, not sure,,, i would recomend you fuel up in Port Augusta. You can buy fuel at Mt Ive,, no worries,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Rob

Post by Rob »

Pretty sure it was mentioned elsewhere that the Iron Knob roadhouse is closed.

I was told yesterday that fuel at Mt Ive is $1.95/L but that's not confirmed.

Cheers,
Rob