Speed Week 2009

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

geocacher

Post by geocacher »

We're booked in to the Big 4 for Saturday night now and will get there earlier than originally anticipated on Sunday.

If there are any setup jobs Sunday arvo that I can give a hand with eg. timing gear etc (no soldering irons.... :wink: ) I'd be happy to.

Dave
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

A big thank you to those who have negotiated the minefield and secured approval for this meeting. Although I might not be able to attend this year, I really do appreciate your efforts and will do all I can to be there.
Stephen
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

Dave, One wold hope that all the timeing set up is done by sunday arvo.
There may be some track marking to do,but we will find something for you to do.... :D :D
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Track set up needs to be started Thurs morning & hopefully finished by Sat night. Look forward to see everyone real soon ! . Pete DLRA #6
ben james

Post by ben james »

i am hopefully arriving lunchtime saturday & my helper will be available to help straight away. who can i send her to to get a job?
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

The good ol' chev motorhome will be a bit rancid after sitting around for a year. She could do a number in the kitchen...
DLRA Member#412
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Woohoo, looks like I'm finally going to Speedweek. I'll be part of the Street Machine crew arriving Monday.

I've want to go to Speedweek for years but work schedules and life in general always seemed to get in the way.

It's funny I popped in a checked the forum a few weeks back and it was all doom and gloom with nothing on the horizon. I almost fell off my chair when Craig Parker told me yesterday that Speedweek was on. I'm bring my video equipment to get some stuff down on tape. I've got some incar cam stuff too and we'll see if we can fit it in a few cars if that's allowed. :wink:

See you all there.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

10 mm should not be a problem.

Hey BlownVN, long time no blah.

Would love you to cast your eyes over our vn tank for future development ideas when we are there.

rH+
DLRA Member#412
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:10 mm should not be a problem.

Hey BlownVN, long time no blah.

Would love you to cast your eyes over our vn tank for future development ideas when we are there.

rH+

Yeah, it's been a while. With nothing happening on the salt for so long I've been putting all my efforts into making lots of little holes in cardboard targets. :D

I'll be checking out the tank for sure. I've still got alot of V6 gear sitting here in the shed looking for place to go. Wouldn't mind having a crack at a V6 powered belly tank myself.

The missus is minorly pissed off. "I know you're going for work," she says, "But you're going to have fun too."

Yep, heaven forbid that I should have fun at work. :roll:
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

The only rain forecast for S.A. in the next week is over the metro area & southern ag regions. A long way from Lake G. Four more sleeps & counting. Pete DLRA #6
Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers

Post by Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers »

When in Port Augusta stocking up supplies call in to the WESTERN Hotel and Foodland Supermarket both on the westside tell em DOC Murdock sent you, you might get a discount. See ya all at the salt probably Friday at this stage
Port Augusta Speed Seekers 1997 Ford EL Falcon
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers wrote:When in Port Augusta stocking up supplies call in to the WESTERN Hotel and Foodland Supermarket both on the westside tell em DOC Murdock sent you, you might get a discount. See ya all at the salt probably Friday at this stage
might get charged more and go into somebodies racing fund too !! that bloke with a blue falcon.. :D :D :D :D
Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers

Post by Pt. Augusta Speed Seekers »

chit got caught out bugga
Port Augusta Speed Seekers 1997 Ford EL Falcon
Rob Carroll

Meals at Speed Week

Post by Rob Carroll »

Caught up with Joy Newton today and asked her about canteen meals at Speed Week. They intend to have a sausage sizzle on Saturday night, for early arrivals. Sunday, they will have pies, pasties and possibly hot dogs during the day, with a proper cooked meal at night. From Monday on breakfast will be available from 7.30 or so, with pies, pasties, steak sandwiches etc through the day until 4.30 when they will be preparing the evening meal. This will be a roast or chicken schnitzel as in past years. We did not discuss prices, but I am sure the prices will be reasonable as usual.
Joy is also very concerned about vehicles coming off the lake and salt falling off them on their property. She asked if the salt could be knocked off before leaving the lake, as much as possible and if you only need to go to the canteen leave your car on the lake and walk to get your food/drinks at the canteen.
Please note that there is to be no more fixed accommodation type huts to be taken to the camp. (This has been in the newsletter previously) Joy told me she was abused by a telephone caller when they were informed they could not bring the hut they had already purchased. This is not fair on the Newtons, as it's their property and they make the rules. It is OK to bring a caravan as long as you take it home again.
Joy also asked if anyone who booked accommodation at the homestead last year and has not confirmed for this year to call Mt. Ive and reconfirm their booking. She has a waiting list of people wanting rooms and not sure if she can let other people have them.

Rob Carroll President DLRA #12
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

I know you said prices weren't discussed but any rough idea on what meals might be worth, just thinking about how much money to bring and whether we waste valuable car space on food if there's already reasonably priced food onsite.

Is the food available at the campsite (DLRA) or at the homestead? It's my understanding that these a fair distance apart.