Speed Week 2009

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Rob Carroll

Post by Rob Carroll »

Well I arrived home this morning to a few jobs waiting for me. I spent today doing some work and phoned some more people to let them know the news. I would never have got this far without Doc's local contacts. His mate Glen organised the meetings with the Gawler Ranges Native Title Group and without that contact we would have been up the creek without a paddle. The conditions I mentioned yesterday include some monitors at Speed Week, the others I will explain further at the drivers meeting Sunday afternoon and at the general meeting on Tuesday night. Even if you are not racing you need to attend the drivers meeting, as this information is critical to our ongoing lake use. The permit we have is temporary for this year and after Speed Week we will be working on a permanent ILUA for the years to come. There is still plenty of work to do but progress is being made. All the letters you the members sent to the Minister have helped sway Government opinion in the correct direction to no mining of Lake Gairdner. Please make it a high priority to attend the drivers meeting on Sunday Mar 8, it is important.
I will post more as I can when more info is available.

Rob Carroll President DLRA #12
Dr Goggles

Top work

Post by Dr Goggles »

Thanks Rob, and thanks to Doc as well...( just in case there are still people confused about this It's NOT ME but a member from Port Augusta)this looks like it might be the biggest meet ever......holy hell!

as you were men :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Well done Rob and Co
This has been along wait for all of us and so far a fantasic outcome. Load up the trailer boys lets go racing.

SEE YOU AT THE SALT.

Plucka
team shep

congrats

Post by team shep »

well done for all the hard work. team shep can't wait to get to the lake and make some new friends.
Tombullet

feels like xmas

Post by Tombullet »

Special thanks to everyone involved in getting an excellent result. Sadly the BULLET Roadster is not yet ready for the journey however the year has not been wasted, chassis, roll cage, suspension and twin supercharged V8 are all well advanced, just the body and 9inch to go. we look forward to meeting everyone at the lake and will post some photos that may be of interest in the next few days.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Tom, I had a look at your website, the bullet looks alright, look forward to seeing it in the polymer next year.
DLRA Member#412
Rob Carroll

Lake Inspection

Post by Rob Carroll »

I suppose everyone has been hanging out for this report. Just talked to Pete Noy at the DLRA Camp. He tells me that at their inspection of the lake today the lake is absolutely fantastic. Some, but not much, salt flicked up off the wheels and no water dripping off the car when they stopped. He also said the track area gets even better the further north they went, which is excellent for the faster cars. Some dampness at the entrance ramp, but hopefully this may dry even more in the next two weeks. So its WOT from now till March 9 to complete preparations for the meeting.

Rob Carroll President DLRA #12
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

8)
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
Russell Mack

Post by Russell Mack »

Great news, head down and bum up, still a bit to do. :D
Happy Frank

Post by Happy Frank »

Great News and congrats to Rob and his team. Looking forward to it.
Happy Frank
geocacher

Post by geocacher »

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa.

We'll be there with knobs on.

Knobs already on just thinking about it... :lol: :lol:

Dave
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Thanks to the guys who went out to the lake!

Great news!
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Hey Happy frank we don't have time to be conversing on the forum still a few little things to organise.
Well done to all involved in getting us Speed Week 2009.

Plucka
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Good news,
See everyone there :D :D
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au