Speed Week 2009

Go here to find out what's happening in Oz

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Street Machine

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Hano' , did you nick my line about "trying to shove a chest of drawers up a frog's bum"???...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeez I laughed......Oh yeah, the salt article is in this months Street Machine and it's in the shops now......

you beaut!!

Ribit!!!
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Dr G

To be fair, I was with him when he said it, he did say "another competitor describes it as...."

and SM did say the same thing.

BTW - got a bit of coverage didn't you? I like the pic of the Rev in the foetal position!

As Animal mentioned, Cruzin has it's salt issue out as well, with a feature on.....Animal.

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

bottom drawer

Post by Dr Goggles »

....I had to search it 'cause I thought to myself "didn't I say that?"...it was five years ago....long story.......

Yes we did get a bit of coverage , bless 'em.dunno about the "premium unleaded" bit but, hey. :wink: Jag next year?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Hopefully Jag next year.

Gary's been busy since we got back from the lake. There's always a few new ideas picked up that you want to build in but we're concentrating on getting it there first. That turbine engine created a ruckus let me tell you! That sort of thing would be a lot of fun from a technical point of view as well as a "let's just light the fuse here and see what happens" point of view.

We kicked off "Build Night" one Tuesday but ended up just talking crap all night. I'm confident that we can get build night going though. Gaz has cut out the sills as this is where we'll be putting the ballast. He came up with the idea of using lengths of RHS filled with lead bolted inside of the sills. They would be bolted to slotted sections so the lead could be moved forward or back or to allow longer sections if more weight is needed. There will be new outer sills made up as the bellypan will join up to these. This also allows us to paint inside the sills and rust proof them. We also had to do it as there is not a lot of places to put a couple of hundred kilos of weight inside the car (apart from the driver's seat!!).

The exhaust is finished and exits out of the rear of the front guards. It will get coated, especially after seeing Chris Hanlon's exhaust rust in front of our eyes down at the lake. It seemed to age 20 years in 3-4 days (look at the photo in SM). The engine sits just short of the roof and will probably run naked in it's first year - just because it looks good - and I doubt we could buy a scoop off the shelf?

There's a million things to be done but we've been given a great incentive to do it. Getting it down to an event that again seems to have a future! This year was a good event where new things were tried from an organising front and they worked. They can be improved and there's a lot of good ideas on how to do this. More runs and better access seem to be the two main areas for improvement but it seems that there are lots of ideas for achieving this.

Lynchy
David Leikvold

whooshka!

Post by David Leikvold »

Paul, show Big Gaz this website: http://www.everettaero.com/
He'll be ruined for internal combustion forever :wink:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Hmmmm they have a Jaguar for sale.........!
Dr Goggles

yes

Post by Dr Goggles »

.......and I notice that it has a somewhat less cluttered engine bay than it's land-based cousin....

David Leikvold

which one?

Post by David Leikvold »

You'd think they'd be decent enough to colour code some of those lines :wink:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
momec

Post by momec »

Heh Doc
I did attribute the frogs arse to you but the young journo only got it close.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

Yebbut

Post by Dr Goggles »

........the truth is Chris that I've never really stuck a chest of drawers up a frogs bum, so what would I know? :lol:

+
with a little bit of

=
estimated degree of difficulty in making a sedan type vehicle travel at 200mph
momec

Post by momec »

No you picked the wrong Frog
The Green tree Frogs are far more aerodynamic
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

Dirtwah

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dirty Dave has an article on this years meet in Dragster magazine......... :wink:
club animal

Post by club animal »

!Top Gear mag is out now
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

There are 2 or 3 pages in street machine as well 8) 8)
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

& even our local paper last week :wink:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au