Dry Lakes car for sale

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Lynchy

Dry Lakes car for sale

Post by Lynchy »

I picked up the latest Just Cars yesterday and found the #369 car for sale. Can't remember the price....and left the mag at home...

blownvn

Post by blownvn »

How much? Complete or as a roller?
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Mr VN

Now I know it's probably an opposition magazine and all but it's only $4.95.....

The car is complete and from memory - I've since left the magazine at Big Gaz's - it was about $10k

BTW - I bought a copy of the recently released best of Street Machine because Big Gaz's old car "ovakil" was a feature......great photo of Big G by the way from about 25 years ago!!!!!! $9.95 for the mag but no new content! I know it was a best of retrospective but you could have done a bit of a where are they now blurb...

BTW - the engine and gearbox from Ovakil are the ones in the Jag! The 2 door still lives as well

Lynchy
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Lynchy wrote:Mr VN

Now I know it's probably an opposition magazine and all but it's only $4.95.....

The car is complete and from memory - I've since left the magazine at Big Gaz's - it was about $10k

BTW - I bought a copy of the recently released best of Street Machine because Big Gaz's old car "ovakil" was a feature......great photo of Big G by the way from about 25 years ago!!!!!! $9.95 for the mag but no new content! I know it was a best of retrospective but you could have done a bit of a where are they now blurb...

BTW - the engine and gearbox from Ovakil are the ones in the Jag! The 2 door still lives as well

Lynchy

Hey, you'll have to blame Parker for that. I reckon the where are they now thing would have been great but I wasn't given the nod to do that mag. :wink:

OVAKIL was always a favorite of mine, it was featured in the very first Street Machine I ever bought. Gary has aged pretty well.

$10K for the complete car. What a bargain!
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Lynchy wrote:Mr VN

Lynchy

Buying the mag would require me leaving the warm confines of the house. :P
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Gaz just put the diff back in so he could move it to another spot in the shed. It still looks good although the engine bay is a bit empty. It will get back on the road again!! There's a copy of Performance Street Car on the front seat with an article in it. This was the photoshoot that I was at where we met Peter Bateman.

Yeah sorry, Parker is the culprit not you.

"Gary has aged pretty well" - he's still a pedantic bastard though!

Lynchy
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Geez Lynchy,you are learning some new big words in Sydney Town,I dun real good at siphering,not much good on the book learning,I know what a bastard is(A course file),what is a pedantic?? Is that the 'thingamejig that connects the witzelfloogen to the whatsit',if so i got two broken ones that you can have! If not,my mum never told me about them!
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Lynchy.... please elaborate........... pedantic .......as in
......anal retentive
.......ostentatious.....pedagogical......pretentious
.......nit picky ??
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

BOB ELLIS wrote:Geez Lynchy,you are learning some new big words in Sydney Town,I dun real good at siphering,not much good on the book learning,I know what a bastard is(A course file),what is a pedantic?? Is that the 'thingamejig that connects the witzelfloogen to the whatsit',if so i got two broken ones that you can have! If not,my mum never told me about them!

no Bob thats farnarkling to wit
Fictitious sport invented by New Zealand/Aussie genius John Clarke, in his persona of NZ sheep farmer Fred Dagg.
To quote his website "In essence, Farnarkeling is engaged in by two teams whose purpose is to arkle, and to prevent the other team from arkeling, using a flukem to propel a gonad through sets of posts situated at random around the periphery of a grommet. Arkeling is not permissible, however, from any position adjacent to the phlange (or leiderkrantz) or from within 15 yards of the wiffenwacker at the point where the shifting tube abuts the centre-line on either side of the 34 metre mark, measured from the valve at the back of the defending side's transom-housing."
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

W.T.F. are you all on :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Please send some across Ta :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
BOB ELLIS

Fred Dagg

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Well,fill me tractor with 2 stroke! Gary ,you have impressed me!Not many Aussies (let alone ACTarians) know about Fred
Unless you are from the agrarian secter and happen to know a little about precipitation, Plus the fact that Bruce Bayliss is still looking for the bits off his seperator,And the PTO off his David Brown! (The Eckatahuna Police have a lead on a certain bike racer in ACT Australia,that they may look at when the pub shuts)
Be aware Gary,these fellas are pretty good when they are sober!!
fredeuce

Farnarkling

Post by fredeuce »

Tony,
You're not familiar with the life's work of that esteemed scribe and humorist Mr. J Clarke esq. (aka F Dagg) ?

You will soon learn that this post has become very Daggish. Just Google Bruce and Trev Bayliss and all will be revealed. :lol: :lol:
fredeuce
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

yes the Mr J Clark , he,s on at the end of the 7.30 report on the ABC TV , Thursday nights , and hes as mad as the rest of yas .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

How did this go from a car for sale to farnarkling in such a short time ??? At least the frogs are not being picked on here !!! Pete. DLRA #6
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

my post got bogarted by the Daggs.........

geez, you use a word of more than 2 syllables and you get labelled an egghead.........

Lynchy.... please elaborate........... pedantic .......as in
......anal retentive
.......ostentatious.....pedagogical......pretentious
.......nit picky ??

I'd have to go with anal retentive... but in a good way.

The Eckatahuna Police

Wasn't there a joke about a bloke named Trevor from Eckatahuna???

BTW - is that anywhere near Packahanky or Whykickamoocow? Aren't they near Don's new place? I hear Don has a Samoan neighbour, his name is Fatulongalofa...........