Funky old school website

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Reverend Hedgash

Funky old school website

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

I am posting this website because I think it contains things that us DLRers find interesting... cars, chicks, music, groovy design and graphics. Some nice quotes too...

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/

enjoy.

Dik
DLRA Member#412
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Yep, got onto it through facebook, some fantastic stuff there!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

hang on

Post by Dr Goggles »

I'm scrolling down and in short order are photos of Hunter S Thompson(check),Tom Waits(check),Johnny Cash, Gram Parson and Nudie Kohn( F*****CHECK!!!! shots from one of the coolest photo shoots EVER)then, just to make the point that they know the right stuff not just the popular theres a shot of Duane Allman, possibly the greatest guitarist ever....and then I get a little further down and it's KISS?....huh, ahem....HUH? KISS....man o man it was like having your mum walk in on you.......Hunter, Tom, Johnny, Gram.....KISS?............then just at the last minute I realise it's not them, it's some kids dressed up like them....phew, irony.......it caught me unawares......

you been takin'my advice Rev?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
legin

kool Site

Post by legin »

Found this on the web site that the Reverend mentioned
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/20 ... -rod-meet/
Check it out, love the old meeting pictures
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Certainly took me back to walking out onto the start line after the last pass forever was run down OCIR (Orange County International Raceway) and meeting Linda Vaughan and Wally Parks.
Gary Beck (related to our beloved "Fat Boy Trev" I don't believe) made a solo pass just after 3:00AM on the Sunday morning late in October '83 and it was all over.
A moment that ranks at the top end of things already crossed off my "Bucket List" :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
momec

Post by momec »

Great link and loved to rewatch Bullitt, Steve Mcqueen was one of us. he loved fast cars.
The best part is at 7min 27 where they pass the early Falcon ute with 2 old motorbikes in the back.
Great site Doc, Tom Waits and early Falcon utes. Hard to beat.
Chris
Acme Racing #251