Queensland Floods

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Zaltrennwagen

Queensland Floods

Post by Zaltrennwagen »

I've just got home after being trapped up north in the Floods visiting family and so on around Gladstone and other wet places.
I saw Leroy Yelavitch at Emerald on the ABC new resplendent in his DLRA T shirt.. gladly he was dry and as someone who worked in the mines around there i can vouch for what happens when it floods. As the primeminister has promised 1 million towards flood relief ,let us hope Australians can spare a bit of change to help Queenslanders sort this years flood damage out and ( insert political comment here) . For Emerald it's the 2nd time in two years now.
Stayt`ie

Re: Queensland Floods

Post by Stayt`ie »

Water, water everywhere,, i have been keeping daily records of rainfall here for many years (Walkerston, approx 15k west of Mackay),, 2010 saw 3315mm, 130", despite news reports it is not a record. The huge catchment area for the Fitzory River is west and south of here,,, with all of the lead up rain we have had the ground is saturated, Rockhampton is in for a rough time over the next couple of days as the bulk of the water passes down the Fitzory which runs through the middle of Rocky,,, hope everybody has there race vehicles high and dry,, what adds to the discomfort is the humidity level, 98*,,,,
The landspeed fraternity in and around Mackay are doin ok, no problems, yet :roll: ,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
penny

Re: Queensland Floods

Post by penny »

glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies