QLD Floods

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

momec2

QLD Floods

Post by momec2 »

Had a call from Carol this morning checking if we were OK and I said yeah Kathy and I are fine, prompted me to do the forum check.
If you are in the flood areas and are fine let us know but more importanly if you are or no of any members that need help then please let us all know, we are just a big family and of course will help any way we can.

I called Lynchy this morning and he is OK, loved being woken :wink: , visited Bob Ellis and he is fine. Matt Saunders is OK. Bridgey is fine. We have tried to contact Ross Brown with no luck and l suspect his workshop has gone under. Anyone spoken with Ross?

Craig and his Dad Haveachat? Anyone have Lee Russels number?

Chris
REAL Stan

Re: QLD Floods

Post by REAL Stan »

Hay Chris.
Lets hope all our members get through it ok
shocking to see the devastation on the telly.My wife's gran dad is in toowoomba.It hasn't been good at all .
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
lag waggon

Post by lag waggon »

Hi all, im all good here and mum and dad missed it all as they are still in adelaide. Ross is fine ive been down at his work shop for 2 days and i rang this morning to see how deep it got and it didnt even come in the workshop which is great, power was cut there lunch time yesterday. Good to here everyone is doing fine. Nathan.
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Good to hear that Ross and his project are ok, was woundering what the situation was there, thanks Nathan 8) ,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

I rang Ross on Tuesday and offered refuge at my place, which is very high. His area is very low lying and close to Norman Creek and the river at Coorparoo and I expected that if the flood did reach 1974 levels as predicted he'd be in real trouble. He said he'd moved everything as best he could and would stay (he's got a small mezzanine area as a last resort). Good to hear he suffered no damage.

I haven't spoken with Trevor Slaughter this week but he's a long way from any of the flooding rivers and there is a much lower area nearby, so I'm pretty sure he'll be unaffected. After all the work we've put into his streamliner this last few years seeing it go underwater would be the last straw.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Can't help much with Leigh Russell, I know he used to work for our local newsagent and I've seen him locally in one of his Suzukis once or twice. If he lives anywhere around here (Grange) he'll be alright. We aren't really affected by the Brisbane River as the area is mostly high and the local creek (Kedron Brook) is also a giant floodway for local rains and did not break its banks.

Cheers again
momec2

Post by momec2 »

Great to hear, sorry Dave forgot to mention you, also forgot Carol said John Dents business has all gone under, I'm sure Trevors place is OK. The problem with many is the power is off so no info for them or phones or net. They are cutoff.

At least Johns motor is dry at Cragsted in Browns Plains waiting for a dyno.

Might be an opposite year, dry lake, wet cars. :(

Chris
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Good to hear that Ross is OK, I thought he'd be under water. Tried to call yesterday quite a few times and no answer. He's probably been down the river trying to score some stainless tube as it floats past!

My office is at Milton just near Park Rd and it is on a hill so the office and our basement storage area are OK. The levels below our store are all submerged. We don't expect to get back in there till at least Monday if not mid next week.

Does John need a hand cleaning up?

Lynchy
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

ALL GOOD.... :D
Thank you everybody, for your concern and help
The racing comunity: in particually members of the DLRA are a family of people with big hearts . the offers of help and assistance was unbelievable........
Normally if 3 dogs and a guinea pig have a piddle in the park at the same time it starts filling up, but not so this time
I have a sister whom lives in Guana / Africa that rang my mother in NZ with huge concern that I would not leave the "MACHINE" and expected to see "ME the DOG and the MACHINE " floating down down the river on TV.. :lol:
These pictures are taken looking directly out the front door .. Pictured is the official Milsom St flood guage and the final total depth was "One rake handle "
The only nuisance was the loss of power for two days and two nights.

this second picture was taken at 5AM Thursday 11/1 /2011

Once again Thank you Nathan for your unexpected help and everybody else for there offererd assistance :D
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Seems like we left Qld at the right time . Going by the 74 floods our house would have had approx 2 mtrs of water in it and have a feeling my old factory ( where we used to have the Qlders DLRA meetings ) would have had water in it .
Feel a bit helpless here not being able to help people out .
On a light side , have you seen the Wally Lewis bronze statue at Suncorp Stadium , somebody has put water wings , diving goggles and a snorkle on it .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
momec2

Post by momec2 »

Don yes from what I'm told your old shop would be well under. At least it will wash out the last of your swarf :lol: :lol:

Great news Ross, we were arranging a posse to get ya. :)
Chris
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

momec2 wrote:Don yes from what I'm told your old shop would be well under. At least it will wash out the last of your swarf :lol: :lol:

Great news Ross, we were arranging a posse to get ya. :)
Chris
Gees I thought Mathew would,ve taken the swarf too :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Chris,

Who's John Dent? Where is his workshop? Does he need a hand cleaning up?

Cheers
momec2

Post by momec2 »

John runs the blue Mustang with the 500cu Ford big block.
He teams with Norm Bradshaw.
When we moved camp at the lake John donated his truck and time and helped with all the big stuff that needed shifting.
He is a quite and unassuming bloke
He is like all of us and very independant and says he wil be right but he really needs help now.

His business is Barnes Towing and spoke with Bob today, his trucks were all out and OK but his depots all went under.

Bob is going to help tomorrow at 8.00 am and can do Sunday then he has urgent work for Energex for next week when he can get on site with them.

I will be helping tomorrow as early as l can but have stuff to do early.

If anyone can help ring Bob (and don't take no) or me for the address, its in Rocklea.
My number is 0409 637 096. I won't be back to the forum till tomorrow evening.

Bob and I will both bring gennies and pressure cleaners each. Bring all the other obvious stuff, hoses and adaptors, brooms, squeegees gloves etc, wheelbarrows will be good food and water, beer.

Thanks guys
Chris
momec2

Post by momec2 »

This is ongoing so if you can't do tomorrow but can help later PM me or phone for address or Johns number.

Chris