QLD Floods

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

David Leikvold

Re: QLD Floods

Post by David Leikvold »

Ron, the biggest problem is the media need easy access to a place to get their stories. It's much easier and cheaper to do Brisbane news because all they have to do is fly a chopper around here and they have footage they can replay for days. And they have access to fuel and don't need to find accommodation. My friend with the house at Fairfield was talking with the back door neighbour who had used one of those kids' shell shaped plastic sandpits to get out of his house. The TV people found out about it somehow and got him to re-enact his paddle to safety! That's entertaining and cheap, just what they're after.

I suspect the regionals will get more coverage once the Greater Brisbane cleanup doesn't produce any more interesting images. Over the next few days we'll be seeing Goodna and Ipswich getting the treatment and when they finally open Grantham and the Lockyer Valley to the volunteer army, there's a few more days. People will be well sick of it all by then. Even now the TV coverage is being cut back with more normal programs being shown again. Then maybe, just maybe, the focus will shift back to the country towns. At the moment Condamine has been evacuated again so there's nothing to film there. There's more Victorian flood vision coming on in the last day or two. It will all be old news soon whether the crisis is over or not. The older I get, the more cynical I get!

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Yes, about the media, so true, so true,,, reminds me of a conversation with a well known kiwi reporter who was covering Richard Assens attempt at Bonneville in 09, i put it to him how the news had lost most of its factual content, and the use of words such as "could happen, maybe, expected" etc, were being used on a more than regular basis,, his reply, "we are in the entertainment business", yeah, say no more :roll: ,,

Cynical :?: ,, more the fustration of being a realist :lol:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Alberthedden wrote:Hello,

WAS Australia PTY LTD is Gold Coast & Northern Rivers authorized Karcher distributor, supplier of the highest quality cleaning products and equipment.

Karcher Queensland
gees you a bit late mr , all been cleaned up now ..
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

Don't be premature - there's quite a bit of Goodna that could use a wash, not necessarily flood related though.....