Bilpa Morea Claypan

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

momec3

Re: Bilpea Claypan

Post by momec3 »

Heh Rev,
I just looked at your Google map and all I can say is, take two spares......
Chris
Chris
gidge348

Re: Bilpea Morea Claypan

Post by gidge348 »

lucky you guys......

Where is has it 4865 kms from Perth.... :( :( :( Bummer
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

momec3 wrote:Heh Rev,
I just looked at your Google map and all I can say is, take two spares......
Chris
I'll take two spare camels.

Actually I really like the exotic nature of Lake Gairdner and its distance from Melbourne as it feels like a real holiday.

I like the sounds of this one for the same reason. It looks like a grand adventure so count me in.

Dik
DLRA Member#412
Rob

Post by Rob »

project100 wrote:
Reverend Hedgash wrote: and Google maps shows the best route as going past Port Augusta!!!!
http://www.whereis.com.au is saying the best way is ...Melbourne-Tocumwal-Griffith-Cobar-Bourke-Cunnamulla-Charleville-Bedourie.
I'd be keen to do that drive as I've never been out way before.
Cobar to Bourke isn't a bad run, Nyngan to Bourke is fairly flat and straight.... the coppers are well aware of the fact so beware. Also beware the wildlife both dead and alive as the trucks hit the roos but don't necessarily leave them off the road, quite a few emus out that way too, those suckers come in through the screen if you hit 'em hard enough. Last I was there they had a full time truck driving Nyngan to Bourke cleaning up the road kill.
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Hi all, i'll be in, its just to work out whether to take the long way through NSW, QLD. or go staight up from adelaide along the birdsville track, either way i'm keen, (momec my email is, aniseed666@hotmail.com) cheers Graeme #613
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

Obviously... count me in + any help you need organising anything.

Lynchy
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Well guys, suck it up. To get to the race track is a bitch, be is 20km or 20,000km. Once your rolling the hard part is already done, the only difference is a few more dollars and a coupla days.
Going years between race meetings is the hard part. I will happily suffer a few days drive if I can race.

Thanks for the positive feedback so far.
Our next step is to investigate Fire/Rescue/Paramedic availability.
A similar deal to what we do at Lake G would be good.

We are not doing anymore for a couple of weeks till we gauge feedback and support from the Forum. As I said this has to be a group effort and i'm encouraged so far with the response. Anyone on the sidelines that have an interest please put your hand up. BTW even if you don't attend a race meeting you can still play a part in making it happen so don't be shy.
Anyone doubting this can work have a look at the photos on Tinys link. This will be a bloody good place to go fast.

Chris
0409 637 096
Chris
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Further into the desert the " NUT CASES " march..... :shock:
You lot must be "INSANE"..... 8)
......count me in......!

RMJ Brown.
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

In my limited experiance tire choice will be similar to the salt , you don't want to chop up the track with chunky tread .Surface conditions will have to be seen and we find out first meet what works best , and if were on SCTA rules by then our choices will be fairly defined
could get some comments from the dirt experts like JN
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Hello Ross
I take it you had to walk back after the water pump failed and the secreted spare didn't fit?
Is that why your late?

Chris
Chris
harky

Post by harky »

Im in
always thought of the distance others had to travel compared to us in Adelaide
so all i need is to drive due North for a few days
Well done ----there had to be somewhere else
quite exciting really
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Chris
While we were busy loading up the eighties something mitsubishi ute for the trip ..
My cousin showed up... proceeded to ask what we were up to ' and that we explained....
After listening to our story and then questioning the density of the gray matter between my ears he offered us the use
of his F250 ... I explained that we were already towing a trailer and that towing a fuel tanker as well was out of the question, to that he replied ... It'll use less fuel than that "shitbox" your taking ... (had to cover Denis's ears after that one)
The F250 has an V8 International 7.3 litre powerstroke turbo deisel .and to my thinking it would use fuel faster than you could put it in.. But not so... If anything made that fruitless trip worthwhile it was that truck. 8)
What's shut me up for the last couple of weeks is that I've been busy kicking myself. Not to be beaten by the rain at the Lake Gairdner we went of in search for the Lake with no Name . Working of memory alone .. :? out the back of Bourke we went ,found what I thought was the write road and then travell the 35 kms to the end of the tarseal and "bingo" the lake.
Not so.... The tarseal did end at about 35kms problem was we were in quite dense bush, travelled another 5 or so kms up the road with Denis this time questioning the density of the Rock between my ears... :evil: Gave up we did.. :cry:
Once home ..Straight to 486 looking for the answer.
The tarseal ends twice and it was 35 miles not 35 kms....... Been kicking my own butt since :roll:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
teamleader

Post by teamleader »

gidge348 wrote:lucky you guys......

Where is has it 4865 kms from Perth.... :( :( :( Bummer
Which route is this Ian. I think there are 3 possibles from Perth. Google maps tells me about 3500km from Perth and up thru Birdsville. Bitumen most of the way would be to Port Augusta, Tennant Creek, Camelweel and down to Bedourie or lastly the Gunbarrel to Alice, Tennant Creek etc. This is an exciting new prospect and I would be keen to see and help move it forward. Add to that the possibility of that lake in Victoria and the Tailem Bend test and tune days that have sprung up and suddenly there is action everywhere you turn.
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Well we are planning to come to QLD anyway in September . A short little detour west would be good . Put me down for it .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Thanks Harky, Don and all you others.
Danny from the online 4WD magazine is going to run an article on the claypan idea in the issue next.
Micheal Brixton, aka the horny black BA ute rang me today and offered his support he really wants to race.
Don naturally you will accept me putting you as chief Starter for the first meeting.
Still early days guys, remember this is still just an idea. Many details to go.

Chris
Chris