Lake Inspections 2012

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

AuotonomousRX

Re: Lake Inspections 2012

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Yes, a big,big thank you :D to all those who put in so much time and effort.

I look forward to next year and hopefully Lake Omeo will also be a goer sooner rather than later.

Pete
DLRA#866
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

A BIG THANK YOU to all involved with the lake inspections, and those tireless workers behind the scenes involved in this heart breaking decision.
On a positive note,,I just returned from Laslo's 1st test run,,,,,no way could I have fine tuned the carb in time , off to sydney/Dubbo/Orange again tomorrow,,back wednesday,,need Jets I don't have, dunno if it's runnin' outa fuel, still lean (#114 MaxJet) but it's don't like much throttle yet.Maybe its draining the bowl ?
I managed a couple of 12,000 rpm, 10 LB boost runs in 3rd though :lol:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

A big thank you to all involved in the lake inspections from the Ratmuller team.
I would like to offer to donate some money to all those involved in the lake inspections, to help cover any costs incurred, fuel etc., as I know it is not a 5 minute journey to inspect the lake.
Can we organize something via the DLRA? If yes, are Paypal donations possible?

Cheers

John
team shep

Post by team shep »

all agreed. thank you everybody in the dlra for the efforts to organise a 2012 event, and in particular all of those that went and did the inspections. there is some petrol money left as it is a long way from wa and we appreciate the regular news and updates and your efforts to bring them to us. see you all in 2013 bigger and better :D
Shep #642
team shep
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

I wouldn't presuppose that I am any less devastated than all the rest of you. To get the Shaguar from bare sandblasted shell to a comple race car in five months has nearly killed me but for racers to spend days travelling to do lake inspections just so we are all better informed and still get their own cars ready is more than commendable. The BIG GAZ RACING team is very thankful for you blokes taking the time to get the info we need to make informed decisions. Well done!
GAZ
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Thankyou to all involved in trying to get the meet to happen,, this effott is much more than we have seen in previous years,, too you fellas that live close to the lake, a big "Thankyou", for taking the time keeping us up to date with the lakes condition,, :D :D 8) ,, this message, although posted by me, is from all the Tropical Salts up here in Nth Qld, "a" :) ,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

I have been on the lake every year since 1990 (often 3 times a year) but have never really studied it as we have in the past 6 weeks. I personally have learned a lot & it was worth the trips up there. The biggest plus to come out of these trips was meeting with two of the traditional owners. I certainly have a much bigger respect for their traditions, passions, & beliefs. They also now understand how passionate we are about the lake & how we treat it. Although we don't have a race meeting this year, this one thing has made it all worthwhile. Pete Noy. DLRA #6.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

OLDtimer wrote:I have been on the lake every year since 1990 (often 3 times a year) but have never really studied it as we have in the past 6 weeks. I personally have learned a lot & it was worth the trips up there. The biggest plus to come out of these trips was meeting with two of the traditional owners. I certainly have a much bigger respect for their traditions, passions, & beliefs. They also now understand how passionate we are about the lake & how we treat it. Although we don't have a race meeting this year, this one thing has made it all worthwhile. Pete Noy. DLRA #6.
Good on ya Pete :wink:
I bet now that they can see it's more that just an automotive sport, it could be very important for future dealings/events.
Possibly it it the powers in between that causes more issues.
Personally (though not a racer.............yet!) I can fully understand the disapointment of all, but if guys like yourselves have gained more info on the lake & it's cycles then that has to be a good thing :D

A few here are already talking of a quick trip (if we can fit it in :roll: ) even if just to at least "feel" the salt (I'm glad I have some in a bag if it that came off our car a couple of years ago. Everytime I see it in the draw at work, it brings a smile to my face & I just want to be there :D :D

Thanks for the BIG effort Pete, Plucka & all involved.
bring on 2013!!

(Bob, if your reading this, I've tried sending you pm's & no answer, can you please contact me with regards to some scrutineering stuff :wink: )
CHEERS,
Rod.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

As above guys. Thanks for making the effort to get out to the lake and keep us informed as to where we are at. I'm with Gaz on the disappointment side of things. He's been working his ass off getting the car ready and now it'll have to wait. Hopefully he'll drag it out to a Powercruise or similar type of event or better yet Lake Omeo??

See you all next year or at the next Melbourne meeting.

Lynchy
swello

Post by swello »

Another thankyou repeater from another disapointed team. Unfortunately "you can't change mother nature"
With three washouts in a row, you'd reckon we are due for a good hand next time!
Swello, Dan, Ian and Ron
JonB

Post by JonB »

The last couple of years have been near record La Niña seasons which generally give us wetter than average seasons.

We are now in a neutral phase for the first time since early 2010.

All the forecasting models are showing us going to a El Niño pattern which generally gives us drier than average seasons.

Yes; I have a weather/climate thing, I have been involved in Oil & Gas exploration or farming for last 25+ years, both of them get screwed around by being too wet or dry.

Cheers
jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

If I could ask a favour of those here on the forum.
At the moment I can't update the message on the Phone Information line (0435 213 785) that we have been using for a number of years.
We were with Virgin, and the 12 month Pre-Paid contract ran out on Friday (of course).
I had planned not to re-new this with Virgin (not knowing that it would happen right now) as I can get a much better deal through Vodafone, which I have activated this morning but will take a day or two to transfer the number. Then I can update the message.

So if you know someone that is not a computer person (website, forum, facebook) and they were planing on coming next week, would you mind giving them a call just to make sure they know whats going on.

Yes I know I'm a pain in the arse, but I can remember when I set this up I specifically picked a date that would be far enough from when I thought Speed Week would be on.
But there you go.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

JonB wrote:The last couple of years have been near record La Niña seasons which generally give us wetter than average seasons.

We are now in a neutral phase for the first time since early 2010.

All the forecasting models are showing us going to a El Niño pattern which generally gives us drier than average seasons.

Yes; I have a weather/climate thing, I have been involved in Oil & Gas exploration or farming for last 25+ years, both of them get screwed around by being too wet or dry.
Cheers
jon
Ya know after that last drought I never thought I'd hope for another dry spell EVER..........right now, we have enough water for a bit.........bring it on. :twisted:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Norm

Post by Norm »

Dito to all of the above. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So any ideas as to when the AGM is going to be held and location?

Norm
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

DLRA wrote:If I could ask a favour of those here on the forum.
At the moment I can't update the message on the Phone Information line (0435 213 785) that we have been using for a number of years.
We were with Virgin, and the 12 month Pre-Paid contract ran out on Friday (of course).
I had planned not to re-new this with Virgin (not knowing that it would happen right now) as I can get a much better deal through Vodafone, which I have activated this morning but will take a day or two to transfer the number. Then I can update the message.

So if you know someone that is not a computer person (website, forum, facebook) and they were planing on coming next week, would you mind giving them a call just to make sure they know whats going on.

Yes I know I'm a pain in the arse, but I can remember when I set this up I specifically picked a date that would be far enough from when I thought Speed Week would be on.
But there you go.
I agree,
I text the local boys here yesterday as soon as I found out (they'd rather be in the shed than on a computer anyway :D ) so knowing that, the word has spread pretty quick around here..... ya can't everywhere hey? (facebook what???? :wink: )
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au