FAMILY ORIENTATED REV HEAD EVENT SE QLD

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

vetteracer

FAMILY ORIENTATED REV HEAD EVENT SE QLD

Post by vetteracer »

I'm on the committee organising SB MOTORS IN MOTION next Sat. Oct 27, at the Kingaroy aerodrome. My main involvement is running a tarmac motorkana under a CAMS permit, but we have "stretched" the layout so that some of the local 500 odd hp Falcars and Dunnydoors can have fun too.
We have cars,bikes,tractors,trucks,live steam traction engines,tanks,classic caravans,circut race cars,veteran speedway cars,boats,R/C model planes (some with 3m wingspan) R/C Model cars (they will also run the motorkana course) lots of aircraft, especially warbirds and veteran, army chopper,etc.
For kids there are subsidised rides and a ping pong ball drop from an aircraft- 400 PP balls, every ball gets some sort of prize, ranging from a family holiday-bikes-to a Maccas voucher.
AND NEXT YEAR I PLAN TO HAVE A CORVETTE SALT RACER ON DISPLAY, under a DLRA banner.
All proceeds go to SES,Scouts,Guides,Careflight chopper etc.
If you are interested, the website is www.sbmotorsinmotion.com
It all started with a few blokes sitting around sucking stubbies, saying "There's all these beaut cars around Kingaroy, but they only ever see light of day at weddings and High School Formals- how can we get them together

P.S. For the girls there is a fashion parade, with cars from the relevant time period.
Denis
big chook

Re: FAMILY ORIENTATED REV HEAD EVENT SE QLD

Post by big chook »

This should be a great day out for all to enjoy , hope it goes to plan Denis . cheers Mick
vetteracer

Re: FAMILY ORIENTATED REV HEAD EVENT SE QLD

Post by vetteracer »

Thanks Mick- big day (today) setting up- marking out both courses, safety fencing, hay bales etc. Had a mate with a Rat Rod Pontiac Something (about 12 feet wide and 40 feet long) do a couple of runs on both courses. He managed to "clean it" although he was a bit red in the face and complained of sore arms- no power steering! So it should be ok for the real racers. I had an unexpected surprise late in the day- was just heading for a beer when I had a tap on the shoulder from a pilot who is also on the committee. "Wanna come for a spin?" "Yeah" About 5 minutes later I was about 3000 feet up in a Yak (russian trainer) doing loops, barrel rolls, and all sorts of other good stuff. It is the first time I have experienced serious negative "G's"-wierd!
He was an acquaintice this morning, now he's a mate
Denis