lake

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

nifty nev

lake

Post by nifty nev »

we are now in the middle of november, speed week is nearly upon us, does anyone know if the lake is under water or dry as a bone ?
is there an ispection pending? wouldnt mind i little bit of info or should i take a trip to the lake to have a look.
nev :? :? :? :? :?
internetscooter

Re: lake

Post by internetscooter »

I have been keeping an eye out in scientific circles re lake condition and also asking the odd person if they are interested in this problem as a research project (for a research student). The other day I spoke to someone dealing with archiving of satelite data and the data they had sounded very promising.

This post prompted me to ping them to follow up on the data...

Geoscience Australia (GA) have the data on a website and some of it is free :)

This seems to be the best starting point.
http://www.ga.gov.au/earth-observation/ ... ndsat.html

I registered and can see 16 day snapshots of the lake using what I think is thermal imaging, infrared that shows up surface water. With luck you can also see the image from a few days ago.

I'll spend some time over the next few weeks trying to work it this can be used for our purposes. All people need to do is register and you can do the same :)
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

i speak to the lovely people at Mt Ive station every so often and it seems they are going to struggle a little with the lack of water/rain fall over the winter.
Unfortunately that's not so good for them but great news for us racers. It looks like it's going to be HOT and dry (according to the ever so accurate forecast).
Lets hope Scotty does another fly over soon so we can see the close up like he did last year.
Shane0 #805
mal hewett

Post by mal hewett »

Hey Nev , The two lakes south of Roxby Downs (Boof and Mary ) are now nearly dry. This is the first time in over 4 years there has been no water in them . From the air Island Lagoon (to the east of gairdner) has no standing water . Hopefully these are good signs . cheers Mal
Mal Hewett
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

"Boof and Mary", :lol: :lol: ,, thay be smaller than Gairdner, but still a good indicator "at this time", :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,