ballarat area...seeking speed week help

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

gary hunter

ballarat area...seeking speed week help

Post by gary hunter »

Hi guys we are getting ready for speed week, taking a triumph bonneville to race. First timers and wondering if there is any one living around ballarat area
that could share some of their experience about the bike rules, tyre knowledge.....some one we could tlak to face to face. This would be a great help.
cheers Tracey, Steve and Gary
Rob

Re: ballarat area...seeking speed week help

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the Forum Gary,

You could do worse than post pictures here using Photobucket or a similar picture hosting website. There are lots of knowledgable members and some scrutineers are on here.

There is also the club meeting on the 20th Jan. that would be well worth taking your bike along for comment although I am unsure as to the venue.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

DLRA General Meeting (Victoria)

Sunday, Jan 20, 2013
White Rose Receiptions, 725 High Street, Thornbury, Victoria (map)
Starting at 11.00am, Lunch $10.00 per head.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi Tracy Steve and Gary, the rule book is here,

http://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

I think there is a checklist in it for bikes and cars, near enough ain't good enough so if you're not sure ask a question here.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
triumphperformance

Post by triumphperformance »

thanks for all the comments. Will roll up to the meeting. Sounds like the best way for extra info.
does anyone know if all vehicles on the salt need CB radios...little confused as who has to carry them?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Per another post on here, there is scrutineering available prior to the meeting this Sunday, this does not exempt you from scrutineering on the salt.

Race vehicle isn't required to have one, the chase vehicle is. It's still not a bad idea to have one in the race car, more than one person has been stuck out there over the years.
If you want to hear what's happening and who's running what speeds etc, you will need a CB for that too, a hand held is fine assuming it has decent battery life.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.