This is how us Poms do it...

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

T-34

This is how us Poms do it...

Post by T-34 »

My dad recently told me about a UK BBC doco that he saw called 'Speed Dreams'. So I looked it up. Been watching it tonight and am half way through episode 2 as I type this.

In true BBC2 documentary style (a bottomless pit of cash funded by TV license funds) it's pretty well put together and well worth a watch. Seeing all of the guys working in sheds in freezing cramped conditions made me a bit homesick (not!).

The two episodes are available on youtube.

Episode 1

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Episode 2

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Enjoy

Mick.
Last edited by T-34 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#809Image
PENDINE LANDSPEED RC

Re: This is how us Poms do it...

Post by PENDINE LANDSPEED RC »

this was us-my shed is centrally heated-the house is not-
we are putting LSR back on the map in rainland and have secured the use of pendine sands for our first [for 90 years] speed trials this summer-we hope this event will bring new and old racers alike , and our aim is to get teams ready to race in the warm countries-we always enjoy a beer with the aussies at bonneville and were really happy that your speedweek went so well-
Looks like the aussies are the men to catch on 2 wheeled old iron.
we are a new club but old racers and are always looking on ways to improve our efforts.the SCTA and DLRA have been very helpful toward us and we hope to continue this friendship for many years.
all the best
PJ
PENDINE LANDSPEED RACING CLUB
PLRC
big chook

Re: This is how us Poms do it...

Post by big chook »

Goodluck with your new club and the Pendine Sands race event , welcome from DLRA members Australia . cheers Mick