200 naked

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Stayt`ie

Re: 200 naked

Post by Stayt`ie »

JonB wrote:Theres a fair bit you can do with the tail of an M bike as well ;)
Closing the hole is at leat as important as opening the hole IMHO.

Jon
Yup, :)

We had tea with Chris (Bryson) at the pub in Port Augusta Friday night before the meet. Chris said then that his bike was making 200 or just over (cant remember exactly :roll: ). Considering the very good aero tail section he has behind him compared with my OEM tail,,, less hp with good tail aero, more hp with bad tail aero, adds up to both bikes being equal in velocity, 8) , it sure is an interesting game we play, huh, :) ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
BONES

Post by BONES »

The 350 this year went 20mph faster than it did as a roadracer with no body work.
the roadracer went 120 with no body work and 129 with
I went 141 on the gps track.
I'm hoping the same improvement will happen at faster speeds.
My mate Rod is going to do the body which will be similar to the 80 that Alex rode this year
I'm thinking that the body will be not much wider than the 80 so the frontal area will be similar.
I'm going to mock up the chassis soon so I will have a better idea of frontal area.

cheers Bones
ChrisACT

Post by ChrisACT »

BONES wrote:The 350 this year went 20mph faster than it did as a roadracer with no body work.
the roadracer went 120 with no body work and 129 with
I went 141 on the gps track.
I'm hoping the same improvement will happen at faster speeds.
My mate Rod is going to do the body which will be similar to the 80 that Alex rode this year
I'm thinking that the body will be not much wider than the 80 so the frontal area will be similar.
I'm going to mock up the chassis soon so I will have a better idea of frontal area.

cheers Bones
May I ask an impolite question? How much horsepower are you playing with to get that 141mph naked?
BONES

Post by BONES »

I'm guessing 50-60hp. I've never had the tz on a dyno.
The book claims 70 but they are japanese factory exageratad hp. It's a standard 'G' 350
I recon 60 is closer and this engine is pretty worn but it is the same as I used in 06-- it hasen't been used since then.
I turned the cylinder around to make the exhaust easier to make and cut up a set of pipes I used on a F2 sidecar. I may have lucked onto a good pipe when I cut them up
but I don't think so
Turning the cylinder usually doesn't make any more HP but does give some longevity(thrust on other side of cylinder)
I think the extra speed came from less frontal area. I will take a photo and work it out
cheers Bones