vague ramblings...because I can

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

hawkwind

vague ramblings...because I can

Post by hawkwind »

On the salt cars are faster than bikes modification for modification why? ..... because
Aerodynamics.......power.....traction.....tyres.

Aerodynamics......Cars have superior aero...but you say cars also have a larger frontal area ...so do cars and bikes have similar CdA's ???.......Sooooo

Power.....Cars have the potential to make far greater power....its all about cubes !......but you say bikes have better power /weight ratios ???......Sooooo

Traction.......Cars have a greater potential for traction....they have a greater physical capacity to carry extra weight and not exceed tyre loadings ...sad but true ...anddd

Tyres..... Cars have a better selection of high speed rated tyres ...... bikes have a zero selection that are purpose made just for bikes.......Buttttttt

Change courses to a sealed surface ie. one mile and the reverse is true .....bikes woop cars ......give bikes some traction and there superior power to weight ratio and there over all faster than cars mod for mod.

Can bikes equal or better cars on the salt ???? I have a theory and plan its possible maybe.
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
hawkwind

Re: vague ramblings...because I can

Post by hawkwind »

Just looked up some records top speeds for bikes at the salt in the 250 range and for cars in the low 300's there was one exception that really stood out a BFMS Black Salt Racing a two way of 364 and a one way of 380+ WOW all from a C motor and front wheel drive check out there site ........... on the mile / mile and a half black tops,. top speeds for cars in the 250 range and for a bike 311mph
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio