Wanted participants for Short Documentary film/stills

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

deansaffron

Wanted participants for Short Documentary film/stills

Post by deansaffron »

Hi Guys,
My name is Dean Saffron I am a documentary photographer /film maker based in Brisbane and I would like to follow the journey of a motorcycle entrant . This person/ team can live in either Brisbane or Adelaide and it would be great if the person holds a record and is trying to break it at next year's event. This will be great exposure for both the person/team as well as the event .
I would appreciate any advice to help me make this project a reality.
Thanks guys for reading my post.
Have a great night.
Cheers Dean :D
ROSS BROWN

Re: Wanted participants for Short Documentary film/stills

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Great timing Dean..
......THE RACE TO 200 MPH NAKED....
Is worthy of documentation , I think there is about 10 of us on the Quest, Ronnie Stayte from Mackay is the hot favourite
with a 198 mph pass this year .. there is probably a couple of competitors in Adelaide that are on the money as well..
Need to do some homework on that ..
I'm in the hunt as well .. but I'm using a " 2 valve pop gun" Which sorta makes me the "Brown horse" in the race , but anyway a great story it could be ..
I'd be happy to feed ya some bullshit along with a few facts... :roll:
Welcome aboard ..
Ross..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
deansaffron

Post by deansaffron »

Fantastic Ross ,
That sounds exactly what I am chasing can you give me a bell when you get the chance or email me your details.
Thanks .
Cheers Dean
www.deansaffron@hotmail.com
deansaffron@hotmail.com
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

G'day Dean
Yes the race to two hundred will be a hotly contested event for the 2014 speed week ....here is some info on who's who and what's what......we will start with the ladies first

Evelyne Scholz.....from W.A. 2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000 blown (turbo).....top contender has run over 200 mph in the USA with a proven performance.
Kim Krebs...VIC. she is a member of Black Art Racing ..not aware she has placed a hat in the ring yet but has run over 200mph and the team has several bikes capable of achieving the goal.....blown 750 gsxr Suzuki?

The rest are the blokes ..first up are the racers who have put up there hand and are definite starters

Ronnie Stayt from Qld....almost made it this year with a 198.446 running a 2002 ZX12R N/A (naturally aspirated)
Dave McLachlan from NSW....A new Bones built using a 2008 hayabusa NA.
Ross Brown from Qld....Only found out he is running from the above post what ??????? maybe the GPZ 11 on pop ?
Gary Baker from ACT....another special construction using an old skool GPZ 1000 blown

These blokes are possible contenders though I have not heard if they are in the race.

Grant Schlien from SA ..... Was the first bike / rider over 200 in 2004 .....runs a 2003 Hayabusa may be enticed to try for the naked 200.
Greg Watters from Vic ... Another member of Black Art racing ...has run over 250 mph in the USA surly has the bike to do it runs a 2003 Hayabusa blown
Jim Higgins from USA ... 3rd member of Black art racing Ran a naked blown ZX14 this year up to 192.154 ..if he races here in 2014 may try again
Chris Bryson from Vic.....ran a 198.292 with a naked 2007 Hayabusa na this year
Ken Robinson ..from ? don't know anything about the man or bike though he ran a 2008 hayabusa over 200mph this year
Troy Bodley from ? ... Black Ice racing ..ran a 2008 blown hayabusa over 200mph this year
Andrew Maslin from ? .... Ran a 2002 gsxr 1000 blown over 200mph this year
Neil Finlay from Vic ..... ran a big bore blown 2000 hayabusa lots of potential to crack 200 naked

Well this is the possible line up for the first to 200 naked

There is also Brett de stoop who is looking to beat his Aussie record for fastest bike in Australia 240mph ......Also worth mentioning is a very tech savvy Paul McIntosh running for the fastest Vespa in the world

Cheers Gary
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Michael Riddell

Post by Michael Riddell »

What about the worlds fastest Postie Bike, also in Brisbane?
deansaffron

Post by deansaffron »

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for all the advice you guys are fantastic . Thanks Gary for all the incredible detail and yep The worlds fastest postie bike would be insane as well.
Now that there are a lot of contenders the next step would be to get some contact details of the guys and girls to start liaising, is it possible to Pm the phone numbers or emails ?
The plan will be to run this on ABC Everyone involved will get a copy on dvd and a copy of stills on dvd as well . So far the script would be something like this :
• Do some footage/ interviews of a couple of people at home loading the bikes on to the trails and heading off to the lakes . Then jump on a plane and do the same in SA .
• Follow the behind the scenes of people living with their pride and joy's at the lakes interactions with the team you get the idea a true 24hours in the life of kind of doco .
• I will need to get some footage of the bikes moving shot from a van/ support car obviously not going to fast from behind ,beside and in front of a willing participant bike.
• I will also bring a drone most likely to shoot some Ariel footage from a distance.
Guys I can't tell you how pumped I am to make this a reality being a motorcyclist .
Cheers Dean
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g'day Dean,, how about something on the girls, Evelyn Scholz and Kim Krebs, both mulitable record holders at Bonneville, and also here, 8) , also the newbies, Rebecca Robinson comes to mind plus others that i dont remember their names, :oops: ,

something on the old British iron, just as much work and dedication there to get them up and over 100mph, :) ,

or maybe something on the variety of bikes that particapate for your first up, then concentrate on indivuals in later years, :wink: ,

thay were making a movie at the BUB's event at Bonneville this year, and had a drone buzzing around getting footage, 8) ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
deansaffron

Post by deansaffron »

Hi Everyone,
I have been blown away with the enthusiasm and fantastic support that all of you have given me regarding the short documentary film and stills I want to do. I know it's late notice to postpone my trip but that has been because I have been trying to juggle assignments , I apologise for but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year as I will be on assignment. I am very disappointed that I can't make it this year. I've got a strong feeling there will be a lot of world records broken by the very talented people that you are.
I have blocked out next year's dates or what I believe will be a week's aside of next years dates so that no one can book in and I will be able to make it.
Once again I would like to thank you all and wish you all the best. I can't wait to see the amount records that will be smashed.
I will be there in spirit.
Warmest regards Dean