New guy from Perth

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

LeeH

New guy from Perth

Post by LeeH »

Hi All,
I am planning a road trip next year that will include 2014 Speed Week. Spectating only!
The plan is to leave Perth on Sat 1/3 head accross the Nullabor, turn left at Minnipa and head up through the Gawler Ranges to arrive at Mt Ive on Mon 3/3.
We will probably spend 2-3 days at the event before heading North up the West side of Lake Gairdner and join Stuart hwy at Kingoonya. From there it will be another week of driving stopping at Coober Pedy, Kings Canyon and Uluru. Then head west on the Central Desert rd back to Perth
All up it will be about 6500k's
A couple of question:
Is the road through the Gawler Ranges the best way to the Lake form Perth?
Am I right in staying at the wool shed?
Any other tips or advice would be appreciated
Also, if anyone from Perth needs a hand with anything or needs us to take something to the event for them, I am happy to help

Cheers, Lee
dplecko

Re: New guy from Perth

Post by dplecko »

LeeH wrote:Is the road through the Gawler Ranges the best way to the Lake form Perth?
The road from Minnipa through the Gawler Ranges is quite ok as far as gravel roads in Australia go. Probably don't need to say it, but watch out for kangaroos. Think you can only buy fuel in Minnipa during normal business hours.

LeeH

Re: New guy from Perth

Post by LeeH »

Thanks dplecko, I was hoping the road from minnipa would be ok. We will be in a 4wd but im not keen on bush bashing through the desert!
Thanks also to Jeff for a couple of good tips

Lee