Checklist?

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

GeeTee

Checklist?

Post by GeeTee »

I know there is a chase/support vehicle checklist (lights, tarps, fire extinguishers, radio etc) but is there a more general checklist of camper/competitor requirements?

Will it be mailed, or posted up here (or FB)?

In particular:
Do we need a personal dunny on each camp site?
club animal

Re: Checklist?

Post by club animal »

All pit areas to have the following items Tarps under all vehicals. Fire exstinguisher . All petrol containers must be contained in a catch can sufficiant to hold the contents .Kitty litter Rubbish bin, Ashtray [a can taped to a pole will do the trick] All Items in your Pit area should be properly secured [so they dont blow away] A male piss container is a good idea to save theToiletCrew All Generators to be placed on a leak proof tarp.

Support Vehicals,Quad Bikes motor bikes ect MUST HAVE REG OR PERMIT to use on the Lake no acceptions No Oil Leaks, Flashing light, UHF radio,Kitty litter, Flat bladed shovel, Oil catch tarp, Fire exstinguisher

Any more info

Regards
Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

Lake side you need your own toilet and be self sufficient. If it is the same deal as 2013 (unfortunately I had to pull out at the last minute) the campsite fees are similar, so I am planning to pay for the DLRA camp (a bit more) to use the showers but be otherwise self sufficient and camp at the lake side.

Here's one DLRA checklist
http://www.dlra.org.au/take.htm

Some more info here: http://www.dlra.org.au/2014.htm

Here's mine (continually changing)

http://www.vespalabs.org/User:Internets ... 4_Planning
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Yep, happy and capable of being self-sufficient with both comp car and camping but wasn't sure if the new dunnies got built
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

This is what is written in the Updated Operational Plan.

3.5 Unregistered vehicles and motorbikes.
There will be no unauthorised use of unregistered vehicles or motorbikes on Lake Gairdner. The
National Park is a public place and regulations require all motorised vehicles to be registered and
operators licensed. Only approved competition vehicles, motorbikes and support vehicles are
exempted. These vehicles will be identified by an approved pass that will be visible in the vehicles
windscreen.

What about the M/C Retrieval Trailers?

Pete :D
Last edited by AuotonomousRX on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Think road legal
if you can ride or drive it on the road.......
If it's unregistered, get an unregistered vehicle permit, and make sure it's displayed
If it had handlebars, you will need a helmet, if it had a steering wheel, seatbelts
Club permits and rec reg are also legal
G
They make it
I make it work
club animal

Post by club animal »

Race Vehicals are exempt ANY other Vehicals MUST have REG or a Current PERMIT NO EXCEPTIONS
regards
Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

club animal wrote:Race Vehicals are exempt ANY other Vehicals MUST have REG or a Current PERMIT NO EXCEPTIONS
regards
Animal
Sorry, I am still not clear on this. Do M/C Retrieval Trailers have to be Registered? Yes or No?

DLRA #866
internetscooter

I "think" in South Australia all trailers have to be registered and coming from another state does not count. This is my understanding and why I bought a registered trailer in VIC (even though I only needed something small). So getting an unregistered trailer to the lake might be your first issue :(
Paul
---
DLRA #647
www.vespalabs.org
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

AuotonomousRX wrote:
club animal wrote:Race Vehicals are exempt ANY other Vehicals MUST have REG or a Current PERMIT NO EXCEPTIONS
regards
Animal
Sorry, I am still not clear on this. Do M/C Retrieval Trailers have to be Registered? Yes or No?

Pete from having a quick look at the SA Govt website I found this - http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transport-t ... d-caravans.
There's a PDF with guidelines

Reading info on a forum, they do not have size limitations like in Victoria, so it seems all trailers have to be registered. Trailers built after 1988 have to comply.

The Dept. Transport, Energy, Infrastructure website is bloody useless, none of the links work.

Will try and follow this up tomorrow.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
internetscooter

Pete - are you in VIC?

See if an unregistered plate might work - or be less risky.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Reg ... plates.htm
Paul
---
DLRA #647
www.vespalabs.org
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

No, no......I am sorry for any confusion... :? :?

I was asking the question because there has been 2 Motorcycle Retrieval Trailers built by Ross and Harky to assist with the Running of Speedweek. These Trailers where built in response to discussion about minimising dealys by quickly picking up Bikes if they Break down and also initially for Harkys about Bikes being ridden in the Pits.

These are Not Motorcycle Trailers as such, they are Retrieval Trailers, and I cannot see how these could be registered.

I was asking the question to determine if these particular Event Trailers, being used for their intended purpose on Lake Gairdner, will need to be registered? Yes or No....

DLRA #866
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Alright I'll try and answer this in a different way.
Lake Gairdner is a National Park and a public place.
All South Australian road rules and regulations apply on the roads leading to the lake and the lake itself.
Our permit allows for an exception for race vehicles only. They do not have to be registered or subject to roadworthy inspections. This exemption does not specifically include recovery trailers.
Therefore I will be seeking clarification from the relevant Government Departments to include these recovery trailers in the exemption.
We have never had trailers before so they have never been a consideration.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

DLRA wrote:Alright I'll try and answer this in a different way.
Lake Gairdner is a National Park and a public place.
All South Australian road rules and regulations apply on the roads leading to the lake and the lake itself.
Our permit allows for an exception for race vehicles only. They do not have to be registered or subject to roadworthy inspections. This exemption does not specifically include recovery trailers.
Therefore I will be seeking clarification from the relevant Government Departments to include these recovery trailers in the exemption.
We have never had trailers before so they have never been a consideration.
Thanks Greg, it is why I asked the question.

It's just the Year of Big Changes :lol:

It's better to sort these things out now then find the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources Officers saying oops sorry but those Trailers cant be used.

Pete

DLRA #866
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Received confirmation from DEWNR today.
(I included photos of the 2 new trailers)

"I don’t have any issues with the use of the trailers for the use you have described."
DLRA WebMaster / Editor