Interesting results & thanks to the workers

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

harky

Interesting results & thanks to the workers

Post by harky »

Firstly
thanks to many of the people who Keep doing daily volunteering eg there is a bloke @ the enterance who runs around blowing off everything ===every day ------ my wife saw him cleaning the toilets @ the bush camp , dont know his name but I would like to buy him a drink -----or 2

The results are interesting
Bones has set the bar for a bike with no clothes on (AG 1350) 205.632 ------impressive
A streamliner we all watch # 71 ( Graham ) 146 .873 mph --- not bad for a std 1600 corolla engine ---about 85 hp @ the wheels

The weather made life easier for all -------Knowing no matter when we hold the event , wind will always be an issue , but cooler days and "cold "nights
are easier to deal with than 50 deg on the salt

ok everyone back to your sheds
harky :lol:
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
momec3

Re: Interesting results & thanks to the workers

Post by momec3 »

Harky, I think you are referring to Brook, he is one of the many people that selflessly help run the event. Great job and a early start and late finish for lots of helpers and officials behind the scene to put a race meeting together. Many chose jobs that were away from the racing and missed some of the action.

All in all a great event and the best weather and salt in my 16 years at Lake G. Conditions Thursday and Friday were perfect.
Chris
harky

Post by harky »

I nominate BROOK for life membership ---------seconders please !!!!!
had to leave early ( Thursday ) and am really p----d we missed the last 2 days
can we book the same weather ( thursday / Friday ) for next year !!!
Now --- back to my shed
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I'm not sure that Brook gets on the forum but he lives not far away and we catch up occasionally at local hot rod events. I'll pass on the good wishes.

Lynchy
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Andy on the tractor is another standout again. Turned up a few years ago and the first thing he asked "Have you got a job". They sacked me from the tractor cause I went to quick and I was making corrugations. So guess what. Andy got the gig and has learnt the nature of the salt from a tractor seat better than anyone. Both race tracks were perfect this year, a combination of mother nature smiling on us for our anniversary and Andy.
Members like these deserve a gold star.
Chris