ULP+

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

hawkwind racing

ULP+

Post by hawkwind racing »

I have been using ULP with 10% ethanol now for 4 months ,here are some observations , with ULP average consumption was 460km's per tank ,after switching I figured consumption would increase as ethanol has a lower energy content than petrol or power would drop for same reason , well consumption improved by a few % points up to 485 km's average per tank and I have not noticed any discernable drop in power :D and its octane rating is 94 :) , in Canberra its 5 cents less than ULP per liter :wink: so to date it appears to be a win /win change and a little less polution . Any one have any comments on using ethanol enriched petrol?
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Beware of the hydroscopic nature of ethanol Gary,,it tends to leave your fuel system full of sludge after a while (long while)
cheers Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

I have been using Ethnol 10 unleaded 98 for around 2 mths now . Haven,t checked fuel consumption so cant comment on that . I buy mine thru the independant fuel company Freedom , up here in sunny Qld . Its usually about 3-4 cents / ltr cheaper than the major fuel companies 98 octane . Shells 100 is only 5% ethanol and they charge 3 cents a ltr above 98 octane optimax . As i mentioned in another listing elsewhere on the forums , high performance import magazine did a comparison test . They rated the 98 ethanol as really being equivilent to around 104 octane . On a GTR skyline they squeezed an extra 22 kw out of it because they could advance timing a fair bit more . I,m running 22deg adv now ( std 16 deg ) and no sign of knocking ( pinging ) on the Apexi safc2 puter readout .
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Dave Partridge (yellow RX7 with the snow-shovel front) reckons - theoretically - Nitro molecules would bond in suspension with the ethanol in this type of fuel. This would give an extra BANG for his noisy yellow rocket. He's captured the interest of some industrial chemist mates at one of the big fuel companies.

I'll catch up with him and see where the research is headed. Could end up with a giant crater in the pits known as Mazda Hole.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
Dr Goggles

Nitrotary

Post by Dr Goggles »

Could end up with a giant crater in the pits known as Mazda Hole.[/quote]

.....Dave'd still be talkin' from the the bottom of it though.....
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..