Fuel signage

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Norm

Fuel signage

Post by Norm »

Just wondering where we get the signage (type of fuel) for or pit area and car as per the new rules

Any advice would be great

Norm
Gnome Racing
six in a row the only way to go
Stayt`ie

Re: Fuel signage

Post by Stayt`ie »

I was reading/checking this out the other night, seams as though there will be signage stickers etc available at scrutineering ???
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

There will be a sticker for your vehicle and a placard for your pit in your entrants pack.
The fireys will be coming around to check entrants pits and where necessary advise them of how they can be safer with storage and refilling.
All fuel containers in your pit should also have stickers on them, these will be available for purchase from the merchandise truck.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
momec3

Post by momec3 »

So fuel only, oils etc not required?
Chris
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Only fuel this year, I'm just trying to get entrants used to the whole idea.
By the regs it's supposed to be all flammables (FUEL, OILS AND LUBRICANTS), some have done it for this year and they are probably used to the process because of the industry they work in.
I have downloaded as many Material Safety Data Sheets as I could find and so far I've only missed on about 4 suppliers so that's not too bad.
So the good news is entrants don't have to submit Material Safety Data Sheets from now on.
BUT, they definitely do have to submit the Hazardous Fuel Register as part of their entry form and their entry will be considered incomplete until it is.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Okay, it's no big deal with google, all the info is there. It's the thinking ahead as to every flammable/hazardous that you will take.
Chris