Bones' update

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

swozzie

Bones' update

Post by swozzie »

message from BONES . left collarbone has been reassembled (4pieces)on monday night.Found 3broken ribs (2,3,4)at the back.Ihave to sit up to sleep,Lots of bruises .EVand I will be back next year going faster. I would verry much like to thank the SES crew for their help and everybody who helped load the bike and pack up the camp
biggest slid
e I've ever had :shock:

135mph on my ear BONES
momec

Post by momec »

Glad to hear your on the mend Bones
Chris
hawkwind racing

mend fast

Post by hawkwind racing »

Its a relief to hear that you are repairable , hope you mend quickly OUCH ,been there before :cry:
we found your valve stem back at the 2 mile area, so you were riding a flat for some distance before the dump , all metal valve stems from now on , I hope to have all the bike rules updated and circulated by the next news letter , keep in touch :)
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
ben james

Post by ben james »

living up to your name bones, glad you're on the mend. i've got your wsid waterbottle, give it back to you next year.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

a bones, sorry to hear of your get off :( , good to know your on the mend, and already planing next years assult 8) ,,,, mate, i know what broken ribs are, just smilin hurts, not to mention sneezing :) ........
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

good on ya BONES , glad you getting better and best part is that you and Ev and you will be back next year . And by the way , who was fastest out of you 2 ?
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

DON NOBLE wrote:good on ya BONES , glad you getting better and best part is that you and Ev and you will be back next year . And by the way , who was fastest out of you 2 ?

Stirrer!! :lol: :P :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dr Goggles

Bones

Post by Dr Goggles »

How are you now fella , on the mend?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

He's got " THE ORGANISER"
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
swozzie

Post by swozzie »

[How are you now fella , on the mend?]

Cheers guys, Ev here.

Bones is getting better, went 2 work for a few hours this week (just so he can boss someone else around when I'm at work...), he's still not able to lay down to sleep but that'll teach him to wreck the bike before I had a good run.... seriously; he's ok, just a bit bored...

I'd like to thank everyone for a great week despite the minor hickup at the end, I had a great time meeting lots of new and fantastic people and catching up with everyone we'd met last year.

Thanks a million to the SES guys that picked Bones up - can anyone give me a contact adress or email for them? - and to the Pilot that was still there and took us to Wudinna.

Thanks heaps for the support and the hugs, (needed some), Animal, thanks for organising the plane, ambulance and hospital to/in Wudinna, and thanks to everyone that helped packing up our gear etc....

NOW = WHO CAN HELP??? Need a bellytank/streamliner that can be padded out with bubble wrap and cotton wool for Bones....so he can't do this again... and I may have half a chance at having a good go at some faster riding next year... or I make him the "organiser"... no good, there already is a team chaos...

Cheers all, Ev
dave502

Good call on the metal valve stems-

Post by dave502 »

:D Im addicted - if salt racing is anything like herion no wonder there's so many junkie's
A big thankyou to everyone in the Moey boys tent for making us very welcome and keeping our food and refreshments cold before the ice truck showed.
Thankyou to all the worker's who made the event possible you all did a superb job under difficult circumstances absolutly no complaints.

Good call on the valve stems I've also had one go at 200 clicks on the tar, I was a lot luckier than bones. "Hope you have a speedy and laugh free recovery bones"
Had the experience of a lifetime, met some great people, had many laughs,can't wait for next time.
Future plans try and get down to help next year "more horsepower" for 2008
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Ev,thanks for the updates,good to hear Bones is getting well. Tell him I said to get rid of those scary old multi-piece wheels.Scared me just looking at them A disaster waiting to happen IMHO,especially if you are planning on more HP and speed.