Books of interest

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

DirtyDave

Books of interest

Post by DirtyDave »

I quiet often stop in second hand book stores and pick up engineering and reference books for a few dollars,
Check out www.dymocks.com.au the engineering section has some good stuff like the beginners guide to thrust and rocket propulsion thermodynamics, mechanical engineering and even how to fix your own car. there not cheep though..
couldn't find any thing on aerodynamics, anyone???
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g`day dave, hows your bike build progressing? :D ,,,, books, the good doc googles in one of his rambles refered to "race car aerodynamics" by joseph katz out of robert bentley publishers, i have a copy and find it very informative, being a two wheel type person get yourself a copy of "the racing motorcycle" by john bradley out of broadland leisure publications, this book is "my bible" 8) . remember you can never have enough information, however it can also become conflicting and therefore confussing, so i recon stick with one theroy(book), test it , and keep all other theroies in mind as referance if the original dosent quiet work...
i got both of the above mentioned books from drysdale auto books, i think they are in browns plains, (brisbane) now....
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

cheers Stay'tie..
still waiting on parts to finalise engine assembley but that should be no problem. I have gathered quite a few supporter too which is good, so will soon start putting things together..
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..