leaded fuel

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

hawkwind racing

leaded fuel

Post by hawkwind racing »

I have been told that you cannot get leaded fuel anymore ? ( bloody greenies ) or it will very soon not be available ( high octane racing fuel ) I have looked for a replacement and there appears to be only low octane stuff around between 98-105 Mon any one know where you can get something in the 116-120 mon range for my N2O injection I am converting to methanol for my primary fuel but for good reasons I still need very high octane petrol for the nitrous injection :(
hawkwind aka Gary mem 282
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Gary,
The following was in the last DLRA newsletter. I'd suggest you give Bob a call.

"RACE FUEL:
If you are a D.L.R.A. member, read this. If you are a D.L.R.A. racer that uses leaded fuel, read it again!!!!!

The D.L.R.A. has to be registered with ?Environment Australia?, from which we now have the application paperwork. As of April 1st 2003, we cannot buy leaded Race Fuel, including Avgas without a ?Leaded Fuel Passbook?.

Through John at VP fuels I was able to contact the right person to help us.

This issue is extremely important, we cannot race with leaded fuel, including Avgas without the E.A. approval. To help make our case easier, could all racers please fax or phone the type of fuel they use to either myself or Rod Hadfield, we need to know whether you use leaded, unleaded, Methanol etc., and their supplier details which must include the business name, address, phone and fax numbers, this is so they can become a registered supplier.
The more information E.A. has the better for us all.
Bob Ellis"
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor