M`cycles to Bonneville

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Stayt`ie

M`cycles to Bonneville

Post by Stayt`ie »

ok fella`s we were talking `bout this last year, so lets do something about it. who is interested in taking their bike to bonneville in 07 :?:
last year i done some inquiring and if we had 5 bikes it would have cost approx $2000 each to ship them over/ return, obviously more bikes would decrease the expense, thats just to get the bikes and stuff there, add on entrie, fares and personal expenses for what its gunna cost ya all up, have a think about it and start posting. :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

No $$$$ :cry: maybe one day :?:
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
ben james

Post by ben james »

g'day ron, will start to research budget
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Spending heaps building this year Ronnie, but would be a definite in 08 as i was planning a return trip to Vancouver anyway...plus if any one planning to go after 07 DLRA meeting had a major rebuild would they get it there in time, whats the lead time to get the gear there in time...plus if we sent a 40 footer with a mezzanine floor in it you could put 2 sedans on the floor and 8 plus bikes and equipment above, :idea: :idea: :roll: :shock:
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Reverend Hedgash

Bonneville 2007

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Have no bike but very interested in going in 2007 with the good Lady Hedgash.

Very happy to assist with preparations both here and there for anyone where I can.

rH+
DLRA Member#412
Greg Watters

bonne

Post by Greg Watters »

Glad you have started the ball rolling Ron, :D
put me down as a 90% ,

Have to check some dates but if timed right there could be a chance of getting in 2 events.
gazza414

Bonny

Post by gazza414 »

Ron , you might want to get in contact with Chris Matheson from Brisbane . I just today saw on the SCTA website that he has entered his car which I believe he entered this year here and ran in OZ :D . Chris has run a black Hayabusa in years gone by here.

His experience in taking a car to the USA would be helpful I'm sure. :?:

Was the cost you quoted for transportation with a 20 or 40 foot container? and where would it be leaving from? :arrow:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

from memory it was a 20' container to salt lake city, and the price was from either or, sydney/melbourne, give me a week or so and i will get some up to date fact`s and figures together :D

was down at the winternats, had i known i would have chased chris up, will try to track him down and have a yarn , yes any help would be appricated...

in the meantime what is the feeling on which meeting to attend :?:

i sort of feel that maybe 07 is too close (12 months), maybe 08 would give time for more to come on board, and also there is a lot to plan, orginise, cordinate :?
ben james

Post by ben james »

2008 sounds more possible for me
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Ronnie, see if it's cheaper to have container shipped to west coast port such as Oakland or Alameda or even San Francisco.It's only 1/2 a days drive on freeway all the way to Wendover. I would be happy to help out as it's home territory for me.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks jim, earlie days yet, i will keep you in mind,, i have a mate in town here who comes from the sanfran area, he advised oakland also, makes a lot of sense, so it is the port i have given preference too when talking with the shipping agents, (talking with shipping agents is a experience :? , no worries)
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Any luck contacting Chris as yet Ron?
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

i`m on to it, making sure i can get the best deal (company), although i still have to phone chris, bear with me , will post as soon as it all comes together and we can have something concrete to talk about....