CARS - The movie

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Reverend Hedgash

Header design

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Thanks Chris,

that is the vibe I am getting on the pipes.

I tried some of the street Commodore websites hoping that someone there knew their onions but all I typically got was "Moit, bigger is bedder!" Chunkheads.

Anyway, we build on the Dick Smith business principal, "surround yourself with a lot of smart people and ask a lot of questions." Blownvn has given me what has worked for him in his experience which is probably the best starting point for us.

Issues of what actually will fit is an issue, so the question may be academic anyway, but it is good to have an idea methinks.

Congrats on the new job too, I hope it is as groovy as it sounds.

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Over in Formula Vee land, where horsepower numbers are lower than my age, extracting more grunt through clever exhaust plumbing is a well known science. The collector box becomes as important as precise pipe lengths.

These guys make a high quality box. Plenty of pics on the site for reference. From scratchy memory, a seven degree angle on the sides of the collector is optimal.

http://www.roxannesheaders.com/
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
momec

Post by momec »

Yes Goggles and Mr Lynch it is groovy.
Doc try a google search on merge collectors, (Burns Stainless is a familiar brand :wink: :wink: ) There stuff is mega bucks but if you copy the designs/ideas you are on the right track. Tri Y is the currant ducks guts even on high reving motors.

Its as bigger can of worms as aero so good luck.
Chris
Acme Racing #251