The Mistress' target in her new slim "50" look is aiming for 37 MPH Rev
8) T'fer
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Dr Goggles

What are ya

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey T-Rex

Paul Broughan did 37 on a bloody monkey bike , c'mon when we're talkin' 50cc we expect BIG BRASH claims and some serious " my clock is bigger than yours :lol: .......how about a mph per cc???? oh yeah and colored leathers....... :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Eh Hem,,'scuse me Doctor :roll: Paul Broughan did 36.255,,and 37 IS a brash, ambitious dream, rated right up there with my dreams of winning the "big one"
8) T'fer Bob
Tiny DLRA# 484
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

I'ts just a shame that no one clocked the goog Doctor on that eye catching vespa
Dr Goggles

Clock around the rock

Post by Dr Goggles »

grumm441 wrote:I'ts just a shame that no one clocked the goog Doctor on that eye catching vespa

I nearly got clocked by that guy in the hired Hi-Ace when I put the scratch down the side of it with the mirror.........

....Apologies Tiny , I guess you're right you may well win Lotto before a 50 does 50.............. :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Don Hudson

Re: Where is everyone???

Post by Don Hudson »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:Gee, haven't seen the board so quiet ever!

Is everyone building madly??

rH+

Yep, I'll sit in the shed and finish my 12:1 roller cammed 454 this weekend, (watching bathurst) then off to the engine dyno next week, and a quick trip to Bob Bowmans (Stan) to sort out the top loader, B4 it all goes back into the Monaro for a few street test drives. Then sort out the chassis and ride height, and fight some more rust. 4 months sounds about right.
417 AA/FCC 91 Olds NASCAR
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

"I'ts just a shame that no one clocked the goog Doctor on that eye catching vespa"
Hey Goggz,,was'nt the sonic vespa alcohol fueled ?, or was that just the rider ?
Tiny 8)
Tiny DLRA# 484
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Thanks Don
Why did you have to mention rust and Monaro in the same post .
I am just going outside now to look ant my HK and cry
Reverend Hedgash

Orange Monaro

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Good one Don... a bit of street testing hey? Heh heh heh.

Good thing you're a vet, not much chance of Miss Moggy getting out of the way of that.

Rust hey? I thought the orange was paint!

When Dr Goggles asked about the severely shortened HQ the builders said it was what was left after they cut the rust out.

Chopping the roof line would make it mean though...

Good stuff.

rev. H+
DLRA Member#412
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day Guys
Just back from Bathhurst and my motors ran 10th and 14th respectively which has kept me fairly busy for the last 4 weeks.

Hope to get some time on the XP ute now. I've purchased new alloy Bennett heads which I started porting 2 weekends ago. I'm also in a single suburban garage so this presents all sorts of problems. Motor will get a minor refresh and hope to run a dual stage nos this time. Trying to design a track rod system for the rear end to stop the spring wrap and subsequent pinion angle vibration.

Will anyone have a nitrous fill station at the lake?
If anyone is considering this I'll be a happy paying customer.
Could all the nitrous runners join forces and rent/buy a fill station?
Any interested partys if we all combine resorses it could save us heaps of wasted unused nitrous.
Any ideas?
Chris
Acme Racing #251
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Chris ,this year I purchased 50+ lb of the stuff and used zero lbs , so to save myself the cost of rental for 5 BOC bottles I emptied out a large oxy bottle and filled it with as much nitrous as would fit in ,so now I have one large oxy bottle full and one smaller cylinder( 10or 15 lbs) its yours at cost if you want ,let me know and Ill bring it next march , I have switched over to turbo and a small nitrous system and have ample for my needs
you could freak out a few ppl with an oxy bottle hooked up :wink:
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
momec

Post by momec »

Mate the scrutes freeked out when they saw the enoromous G size bottle in the back of the ute last time and although they admitted there was nothing in the rule book that said I could'nt they did'nt want to see a bottle that big back again.

I'll take you up on that and be happy to share its contents with others as I'm sure we can help each other on this.

How many Nitrous runners are there, hands up, at least with nos we all use the same stuff not like the fuel/alky minefield.
Chris.
Acme Racing #251
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

MR HANLON ... was watching some Bathurst on the TV , and they had the camera in Mr Bargwarnas car , rev rev rev gees they sound good , allmost had to go and put my helmet on . :)
... gees you getting bit flash there with ALLOY heads , must be the influence of that race team you work for . I got alloy heads too with 32 valves , nup not going to port them , too many bits i might loose if i pull em apart .
I remember that G size bottle of nitrous ( looked like a rocket launcher ) you had in the back of the ute . Did you ever return that bottle back to the pub you pinched it from :lol: ?
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
momec

Post by momec »

Not a Pub you silly dill, a hospital, laughing gas. Dentists use it too I think but hospitals use lots and don't seem to miss the odd bottle. I took back the empty. Medical grade, only the best for my motor.
G'Day Don. Shit is'nt Bathurst an arse puckering experience. Willing the motors along and by lap 161 I'd held my breath for so long, never in my wildest dreams I'd of thought one of my motors would run at that special place.
Only one better place and it runs in march. See you there.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
BONES

where is everyone

Post by BONES »

hi everyone.
leathers are fine after the crash in march,not so much color on one side though but they will be as bright as ever next march. no stiching was worn through, knee wore through 1 layer, but was mainly due to riding sidecars. They have strech pannels behind knees,inside arms and armpits.
Salt is not as abrasive as tar.
R1 will be off the track after this weekend for some major aero work.
Been running at the drags. Best so far 9.78 @145. Ev's best 10.4@137