Where is everyone???

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Reverend Hedgash

Where is everyone???

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Gee, haven't seen the board so quiet ever!

Is everyone building madly??

Only 4 and bit months left...

Hello...?

rH+
DLRA Member#412
hawkwind racing

Re: Where is everyone???

Post by hawkwind racing »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:Gee, haven't seen the board so quiet ever!

really really quiet

flat out like a lizard drinking

dont remind me , hoping like hell i make it in time
Gary :D

Hello...?

rH+
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi dik, all going well, fitted up my 40 kgs lead weight just behind swingarm pivot, fitting up 3 spoke wheel instead of spoked job, putting aluminium panels on fairing and working on new motor. bought new leathers but i have to get leather panels put over the cloth panels because of stupid #### american rule which says suit can't have any cloth panels. looked at a few all leather suits and they were all shit. shinya nakano went over the handlebars at 300kmh and he was fine. there trying to say leather is better in case of fire. what a load of bullshit. would anyone like to retort.
cheers ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DON NOBLE

Re: Where is everyone???

Post by DON NOBLE »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:Gee, haven't seen the board so quiet ever!

Hello...?
YES HELLO
am busy busy , but mostly work related .
Have started on the V8 transplant into the red nissan wagon .
I was going to put the V8 into another wagon that was rust free ( the blue one ), but have found some good panels to replace the rusty ones in the red wagon .
At the moment i am driving around in an unmodified car ( blue one ), very boring .

rH+
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Reverend Hedgash

updates

G'day Gary, Ben and Don (sounds like a band...)

Gary, any chance of some pics? Concentrating on bodywork or power? Your website has NOOOOOOOOO new info!

Ben, Three spoke wheel hey? I have read bits about how it is better to have some gap for the front wheel of a bike to make it more stable in a cross wind... is this the thinking? And three solid spokes are more aero than a lot of little ones? Or is it about strength?

What is the aluminium for on the fairing?
Leathers... did you go contemporary numbers? Kermit green or other? I might have to update the picture...

Also I hear there is a new worker arriving next week. Take no grief from him, he's a troublemaker!

Don.
I might be joining the station wagon owning club... I am looking at buying a VN manual wagon as a Mule for the belly tank's engine for testing. (also looking at getting a Megasquirt system and want to iron the bugs out on that BEFORE going to the salt)

It can then be used for trips to the girlfriend's farm mid season. Since we've got the engine maybe Dr G and I should look at pushing the envelope a bit for the old girl as well?

Keep up the good work.

Rev. H+
DLRA Member#412
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Slipped "the 50" into the postie frame yesterday, oops,,wheres the 4" grinder :?: , 2 dismantled Harleys share the shed, best NOT to grind yet eh!
Anyway,,theres HEAPS of time left 'till March '07 , and all the best creations happen the week before speedweek, 'specially @ night :lol:
Tiny 8)
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

now you talkin , The Very Reverend Headgash . Forget the belly tank , race a wagon . Think of the advantages . Drive it to and from the lake , fits all your gear in , so uncool that no one will steal it and you wont get mobbed by girls and cops leave you alone too .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Ben,don't get me started on that idiotic "all leather" rule. It was a total over reaction to an imagined problem. The one person burned was actually burned from steam when his sweat was heated up from hot oil on his leathers.No fire,cloth panels,perforations,or any of that. IIRC he had none of that--probably why he was sweating.It was argued endlessly with all kinds of logic and technical details thrown at the "committee" to absolutely no avail. So the leathers I use now are older and have less actual protection than the outlawed ones I used before. Dolts!!
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

ben james wrote: bought new leathers but i have to get leather panels put over the cloth panels because of stupid #### american rule which says suit can't have any cloth panels. looked at a few all leather suits and they were all shit. shinya nakano went over the handlebars at 300kmh and he was fine. there trying to say leather is better in case of fire. what a load of bullshit. would anyone like to retort.
cheers ben

Ben ,read this post and then act 'not' winge :wink:
" If after reading the new rules ,you believe that something needs changing,deleted,or added ,then fill out a DLRA rule change form ,with any reasons for the change /s and supply any information ,data or similar to back up your request,this is the official and only way your request will be considered .
this info was posted last April and to date there has been ZERO requests for any changes to the new rules ,it is in everyones interest to reach a reasonable consensus ,Im certinally open to reasonable and logical requests for changes , you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink nudge! nudge!
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
ben james

Post by ben james »

g'day gary, yeah it was a bit late and i had a head on. will fill out a rule change form and take positive action rather than just sookin hard. how do you get one of those? putting the aluminium panels on the openings in the front of the fairing. don't need that much air going through the motor. running the 3 spoke wheel for aero reasons and also with a spoked wheel you have to run a tube which i'd rather not for safety. also colin edwards had his aprilla gp bike catch on fire and he reckons he was hot all over and braked hard and jumped off. oh yeah dik the leathers are all black, only poofs wear coloured ones.
cheers ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

no time to fart around on here, too busy in the orchestra pit looking for hp`s :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Dr Goggles

Harlequins

Post by Dr Goggles »

ben james wrote:oh yeah dik the leathers are all black, only poofs wear coloured ones.
cheers ben

Colored leathers hey, any comment Bones , Gazza , Ronnie?????.......and wasn't Frank wearing a pair of red lederhosen at one point??????........If what you say is true Kwak'n'Duke man then we're gonna need to build a steam room next to the canteen.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Doc

I'm currently on holidays back in Sydney trying to get myself across to Big Gaz's to get some work done on the Shaguar. I've got some more pictures showing off the cage work and with one of the salt tyres mocked in position to check ride height / tub sizing / diff width / how tough it looks.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be doing up an update sometime in the next week or so (with pics). Tell the Reverend thanks for the photo of the Jag he sent me. I've never seen a bigger pile of crap in my life - what were they thinking? I'll put it in the photobucket for all to appreciate.

Lynchy
Reverend Hedgash

Ahhhh feel better now.

That's more like it. Feels like a community now. (Brethren?)

Tiny, I told my Postie Bike riding neighbour about the "The Mistress" and directed him to your site. He was mightily impressed.

What pace are you after in 07?

Can't wait to see the photos Lynchy, glad you liked the picky.

Rev.H+

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it probably wasn't strong enough anyway.
DLRA Member#412
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Wish I could talk about a race car, but the last 12 months have disappeared into the restoration of Ye Olde Troopy. A cut-n-shut with an ex-Army rag top.

The job's about two-thirds over, and the salt proofed Velocity Science Laboratories Race Transporter should be on the road for Xmas.
The race car (about half finished) sits under covers in a very cramped suburban garage. Try fitting a Landcruiser troop carrier carcass into any confined space, good thing I'm skinny.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories