Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Hmmmm....

Looks wet to me!

Lynchy
swozzie

Post by swozzie »

3 weeks n a bit.... what chance have we got for this to dry up???
maybe I book another lot of holidays for Easter, just in case...

Hang on, how many bags of rags would it take to dry it up... mmmm....
DLRA # 443

2005 - TZ350 - M/G - 120.4mph
2006 - Yam R1 - MPS/G - 151.789mph , too slow
2007 - wanna have a go at going fast.....
2012 - SCTA. AMA & FIM - ABG1000 - 192 & 202mph
swozzie

Post by swozzie »

Can the track and pits be further out or does it have to be in about the same spot every year?

Pls let this happen... 1/4 mile is fun but I really NEED my annual "Salt n Speed" fix...

Cheers, Ev
DLRA # 443

2005 - TZ350 - M/G - 120.4mph
2006 - Yam R1 - MPS/G - 151.789mph , too slow
2007 - wanna have a go at going fast.....
2012 - SCTA. AMA & FIM - ABG1000 - 192 & 202mph
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

I knew you guys would take one look and go "oooohhhh".
Remember this was last Thursday, there was about a metre of water over the lake just 2 weeks before that and from the report we had on Sunday it's nearly all gone.
It's gunna be dry and rock hard. We are in the middle of a drought after all.
Next update on Saturday.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Doesn't look much worse than Saturday last year :lol:
I hope the wind thats been nearly constant here has been blowing there a little . dust blowing around is beginning to give me the shits :(
outbacktrev

No need for panic!

Post by outbacktrev »

This is the glasss half full version not the glass half empty version. :idea:
We have a member attending the Lake this Saturday for another reason :oops:
I will be in contact with him Monday afternoon and will post the real truth Monday evening. :lol:
He WILL be going for a walk on the lake to gauge the depth of water and will have a report of water and also road conditions on Monday PM. :D
He will also be spending a couple of days grading the Lake and Camp roads on Mt Ive property with Lens grader. (Thanks Digger) :)
So till then don't panic.
:wink: Cheers,
Trevor
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Bit of good news.
The condition of the road from Iron Knob to Mt. Ive has been downgraded from yestersay's "4WD Only" to a basic "Warning" on this SA Gov web site.

"Hiltaba to Iron Knob - Warning - caution at creek crossings, washouts and grid approaches".
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/quicklin ... /area3.asp

There was another photo of the track area at the club meet on Sunday showing dry patches of salt throught the water. It was taken a few days after the lot that are posted here.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
SPOOK

rainfall

Post by SPOOK »

good news, just had a call from Joy Newton at Mt Ive station to say that the road in to the lake from iron knob has had two graders working all week and is in a safe condition for 4wds and ordinary cars. she also said the Lake was drying quickly and someone had said it was clear to the islands Cheers Spook
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

there was a meter of water on the lake, eh :?: ,, well i recon the atmosphere sucked it all up and dumped it on us up here in nth. qld.,,, good stuff :D ,, at least the lake is dry now :D , seen the sun yesterday for the first time this feburary 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
outbacktrev

Water on the Lake

Post by outbacktrev »

G'Day All,
Well you don't have to wait until Monday PM to find out the Lake water situation, :lol: I'm going to tell you right now. Keep working on your machines and keep planning on being at the Lake :o
Digger rang me from the camp and had been for a walk on the Lake, he said approx 300mtrs on to the Lake.
The salt is a little crusty but here is NO WATER as far as the eye could see! :wink:
The road from Iron Knob to the Camp turnoff is OK now for conventional vehicles (provide they aren't lowered). There are 2 grader crews working from Mt Ive to Iron knob as we speak. The major wash aways have been roughly fixed and they are now going to tidy them up. The road should be very good by race time. :shock:
Len is getting some parts for his grader and the main track into the lake and camp track will be repaired ready for race week. 8)
Don't go on about wind changes etc. The Lake, as we speak, is dry and in 3 weeks time it will be drier.
Cheers,
Trevor :D
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

GREAT NEWS Trevor
Thanks for the update
I was starting to panic that after all the build up for our first run on the salt that we would miss out.

Bert Munro has a lot to answer for!!

Better get back to preping the Yamie!

See you on the salt
Graeme
Warragul
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Bewdy ! thanks Trev. :wink:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

This news is awsom Trev :D Good all round, The DODGE has BRAKES I
won`t have to stand on them this year, but remember it still has a 15min reaction time in the steearing. Anyway looks like a dry 1 kool. :lol:
Lindsay Matthews

Rainfall

Post by Lindsay Matthews »

I live just south of the Lake and we have had a few hot stints over the past few weeks. The last few weeks has been varying from 30 up to high 40's with some reasonable winds too. Hopefully things will be fine, heading to Coober Pedy very shortly and we'll be flying low over the top and will reoprt back then. Mind you i heard someone was walking the length of the lake shortly to inspect the whole water situation.
outbacktrev

Flying over lake

Post by outbacktrev »

Linsday,
A flyover would be real good to gauge the extent of water in the north if any. :idea:
Our intrepid lake walker (aka Digger) walked approx 300mtrs onto the lake, I don't remember him saying he was going to walk the entire lake he couldn't carry enough beer. :cry:
Take a diggy camera with you, if you wouldn,t mind, some more pics would be nice. I'm sure our DLRA admin would post more recent pics if provided (A Greg).
Look forward to hearing from you soon. :D
Cheers,
Trevor