cost of entry & transport

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

stryker

cost of entry & transport

Post by stryker »

hello all, this is will be my firs trip to te lake, can anyone tell how much for lake entry for the week. andsince i cant take my car on the salt, how do i get around on the salt, i hate walking for miles at a time. one more thing, how much is the food? should i bring my own BBQ :?: :?: :?:
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Camping-$60 per head for the week (includes $10 Diesel fee for genset etc) $20 per head lake entry , $250 race entry .Hope this helps, Cheers Bob , #66 C/GCC.

Stryker

There's been other posts on what to bring and costs. Basically the costs are above - you can bring your vehicle onto the salt as long as you bring a tarp to park on (to stop oil leaks onto the salt) - you can purchase food from the canteen at very reasonable prices. They sell Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks and drinks and even bring them out on the salt in their ute - bring a barbie if you have your own preferred food - get used to walking, the pits can stretch over a mile! - bring your own shade shelter unless you have a good personality and refreshments + bring a portable chair, you'll need it - Bring plenty of liquid (water) as it can be quite hot and bring a jacket as it can get quite cold.

Lynchy
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

That was my first attempt at using the quote buttons - sorry. I know how they work now....
stryker

post subject

Post by stryker »

thankyou, 20$ for the week or per day? i was told you wern't allowed to drive onto the salt, but thats great to know i can. i'll be sure to bring a tarp. :D
cheers
jason
swozzie

Post by swozzie »

2 course dinner at the canteen is $ 14 and they also cater for breakfast and lunch every day...

hope this helps some more...

see ya there, Ev
DLRA # 443

2005 - TZ350 - M/G - 120.4mph
2006 - Yam R1 - MPS/G - 151.789mph , too slow
2007 - wanna have a go at going fast.....
2012 - SCTA. AMA & FIM - ABG1000 - 192 & 202mph
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Stryker

Sorry mate - the camping fee quoted is for the DLRA camp at the shearing sheds. The campsite near the canteen is a different price mentioned elsewhere in a recent thread.

The $20 salt access fee is for the week I believe.

Make sure you do bring a tarp as if you don't you may have to walk more than planned.
stryker

Post by stryker »

20 bucks for the week, wow thats cheap! :D
i've been looking for the other campsight price but cant find it.
thankyou all for the info. i'll be there monday, ready to soak up a long overdue speed fix.