Divisional Delegates in every State,

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

DirtyDave

Divisional Delegates in every State,

Post by DirtyDave »

An AGM was held at the usual shearing shed recently,
And Bob Ellis Started a debate regarding diffrent state clubs with divisional delegates representing the states, I believe the club system is good on a social basis and good for getting news to members, but with the Internet and private forums most of the rule proposals and voting can be done online, which stops the clubs from getting political and bitchin,,,
Another subject that has been bought up is Tech inspections with the growth of the DLRA it might be time to get a tech inspector in every state or Division The roll of tech inspector would be only for mechanical soundness the job of Class Classification and Final inspection would stand with the Chief Stewards as now,
A Tech inspector should have access to a car Hoist and will be entitled to charge for his services if they wish, maximum fee set by the DLRA.
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Ah the internet forums . now wouldnt it be great if all committee members and others would use this great communications tool .

State reps , great idea , we kind of have unofficial ones at the moment , they should be recognised and listed who they are .

State reps should be rocognised as a committee member .

State reps should be reimbursed for fligths to attend meetings interstate
( no you wont get business class and a hostie in the dunny a la Qantas style )
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
KeithTurk

Post by KeithTurk »

I tried to let you guys in on how the SCTA works the club issue... but only talked to one or two of you about it...

The SCTA like the DLRA runs on volunteers... they use the club system to designate the number of volunteers required from each club...

With the states that you have you could easily designate each as a club and then based on the number of members in each club or division as your calling them you could post volunteer requirement numbers from each of them. The mandated voluteerizm actually works... because each club knows in advance the number of people and the schedule for those bodies during an event and plans that out in advance...

To do all of that you need a structure for each club to operate under...

Keith
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Dr G and I have discussed the idea of having a "Victorian Lakesters" club.

The idea primarily is to have a beer and some local activities with... eg. go see an LSR movie, bbq at a members place to discuss their project, etc. with those of a similar ilk and proximity within the club.

Belly Tankers could also be a group as it is such a peculular thing to build that there are certains pains that only we know...

Meeting with other loonies once a year (or two years in this case) is not enough.

The Yanks have had clubs for years which revolve around the point system derived from competition throughout the racing season, as well as for social reasons. In early days they were probably about gangs hanging out bored with little to do... but who has enough time these days?

We could establish some competitions (skulling?) between clubs but I guess our population doesn't really cater for it.

A state based system might just be the ticket.

Rev H+
DLRA Member#412
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Dr G

Here in Brisbane we have an unofficial "Assistant Starters Club" since 4 of us live within 20 minutes of each other. This could be expanded to allow associate membership of others as well since my shed has been cleaned out and has a lot more room.

I think the idea has merit from the point of view of representation at meetings. It would be good to have a state rep attend Castlemaine meetings for the good of others within their state. From a communication point of view it would also be a bonus. From a social point of view it would be great to see like minded salt lakesters more than once a year.

Lynchy
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

A question raised by my boss here at work - is the club incorporated? Does anyone have an answer as I can't find the info on the website...
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

just a few figures make of them as you will
As of May 2006 there were 543 members ( my latest data) made up of the following
Vic = 195
NSW = 114
SA = 94
Qld = 44
overseas = 43
WA = 24
NT = 6
Tas = 4
ACT = 2
uncontactable /deceased = 17
of these I have no idea how many are active/regular members I suspect many are not , so setting up state registers does have some merrit ,though the devil will be in the details
As to conducting club business through the internet / website is at best ill thought out , again some figures as of today
Individules who have posted some time since the web site was set up
= 114 ( how many are members is unknown)
individules who have made more than 10 posts = 49
" " " " " 20 posts = 32
" " " " " 50 posts = 20

the site is not well used as the figures above show except for a core group made up as follows
Vic = 13
NSW = 7
SA = 11
Qld = 9
O/S = 5

What would be worthwile is getting at least 1 meeting in each state as is done in VIC ,anyone want to put up there hand to get the ball rolling in their respective states ??? and things could start to move down that track ie state reps
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

OK one hand up here in Queensland to get a meeting organised . there are people more qualified than me to be a state rep , if we get that far officially .
I will ring aroung and get some feed back , and set a date for a meeting . We have had a few " meetings " before in Brisbane , but that was mainly eatin drinkin and bench racin .
When a date has been decided upon , I will notify all Queenslanders and those nearby , by this forum and by snail mail ( Australia Post ).

see its not that hard to do .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Reverend Hedgash

I hereby put Dr Goggles hand up.
DLRA Member#412
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

I second that
Reverend Hedgash

The motion is passed.

President Goggles, when is the first meeting?
DLRA Member#412
Last Minute Racing

Post by Last Minute Racing »

Hi guys. Ive been following the forum for a while and was looking forward to going to the Lake this year to have a look before i decided weather or not to give it a go but it wasnt to happen.
I will be joining DLRA soon and will be eager to come to a meeting in SA if one is called.
Ill be having a go at the 250 bike class.
Start cheaply and see how hard the bug bites.

Cheere Dave
Reverend Hedgash

I hereby nominate Last Minute Racing to be President of the SA chapter!
DLRA Member#412
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Has a date been suggested for a Victorian meeting to have a group cry and keep us all enthused for 2008?
GH
Dr Goggles

Husbandry

Post by Dr Goggles »

Reverend Hedgash wrote:I hereby put Dr Goggles hand up.

up what? :oops:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..