WA Car Guys??

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

panhead_pete

WA Car Guys??

Post by panhead_pete »

Hi guys how would I get in contact with the WA guys re building a car for next year. Would like to have a chat with someone over some beers and bounce a few ideas about re a street roadster or coupe. Thanks.
Dreaming of the salt in 08.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Pete,
this sort of fits in with some work I've been doing since I got back. I've received an update of the members database from Carol and built some queries to extract members by State. It doesn't have to be all contact details, the info could just include suburb, contact number and what they are driving or riding.
At the General Meeting at the lake and subsequently on the forum there has been much discussion about State delegates and clubs etc. Kevin Saville is keen to do something in NSW and asked me to get him a list of NSW members. I know some of the QLD boys are keen to at the very least be a bit more organised and informed so this information would also be of use to them.
My proposal that I am intending to put to the DLRA is to make these State lists available to members in each State in either hard copy or electronic form.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Brootal

Post by Brootal »

Not too many guys from WA have actually raced.

There's the Narrogin Revheads guys, but they run a production class.

Best option might be to get hold of Phil Medlin. He drove and raced his '27 T-roadster back in 2004(?), and drove it home.

He was going this year and had done a fair bit to the roadster in preparation. Unfortunately, I don't have his number, but could probably find out of someone.

He's not local though, lives down south somewhere.
When I grow up I want to be a Land Speed Racer!

DLRA #777

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]www.the-rumbler.com[/url]
Jon Hehir

Post by Jon Hehir »

Great idea, might have saved a 5000km round trip this year to look at a cancelled sign. I'm out at York (100km east of Perth) and wouldn't mind having a few local sources of info.

Jon
Brootal

Post by Brootal »

Jon Hehir wrote:Great idea, might have saved a 5000km round trip this year to look at a cancelled sign. I'm out at York (100km east of Perth) and wouldn't mind having a few local sources of info.

Jon

So wouldn't it only be a 4800km round trip for you then, Jon? ;)
When I grow up I want to be a Land Speed Racer!

DLRA #777

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]www.the-rumbler.com[/url]
momec

Post by momec »

At least that bloody lake is centrally located, it was the same distance for us from Qld :cry: :cry:
Chris
Acme Racing #251