Anyone building a E/STR or planning to run one in '08

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

panhead_pete

Anyone building a E/STR or planning to run one in '08

Post by panhead_pete »

Is anyone putting together a E/STR for 2008 or have one already together ready to go?
Dreaming of the salt in 08.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

G'Day Pete,
I have been collecting bits for a 34 Chev roadster that I was wanting to run in D/STR.
Will be either 283 or destroked 305, toploader, 9" with 4 bar beam front end. Have a chassis, rear end, trans, roadster cowl, grille, wheels and tyres. Looking for a roadster back, I beam and 4 bars for front and rear. Still haven't decided on the motor yet, an untouched 283 is hard to find and getting a bit tired. The 305 seems to be a better option.
Plan is to build it, run it at the lake then bring it home and paint it then put it on SR reg.

NOTE: record for D/STR is open and E/STR is 108.80MPH.
(C/STR is 189.294 by some old fart in a red 32 Ford)
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
panhead_pete

Post by panhead_pete »

Sounds like a great project, I'll keep my eyes out for some Chev roadster back 1/4s for you if you like. Im getting pretty close to grabbing a motor. Looks like I found a T5 and adaptor and 8 3/4 diff last night. :D Will build a chassis with mates out of 100x50x3 and have it set up so I can drop a V8 into it later on although my aim is full street rego from the get go. Currently am working on a Model A cowl but may end up going with T model floppy glass body then steeling it out. Should be lots of fun and Im looking forward to the build as much as the driving.
Dreaming of the salt in 08.