BRISBANE HOTROD SHOW 4th-7th May.

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

BOB ELLIS

BRISBANE HOTROD SHOW 4th-7th May.

Post by BOB ELLIS »

A DLRA Display is being hastily organised for the Brizvegas show. 3 cars ,my 66 Coupe , Chris's 65 XP ute , and Matt's 37 Toppolino ,will be on display.We need any help than canbe provided.DLRA merchandise (T shirts , posters ,etc )will be on sale , so if you didn't get to the lake this year , come and stock up!We're looking for DVD's , pictures . posters . broken engine parts , etc .Anything that can help make a display more interesting.Manpower help needed, for setup . breakdown , manning display,etc. Cheers Bob #66 C/GCC.
momec

Post by momec »

If you can lend a hand at any stage please give Bob or myself a call.
Thanks Chris
My # 0409 637 096
Acme Racing #251
ben james

Post by ben james »

wish i lived in briso'would love to help , grew up there, stuck in melbourne
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

YES , COME ONE COME ALL !!!! 5-7 May . Dont miss the our 1st Club display at the Qld big show of the year . 3 DLRA members race cars on display , DVDs playing of various salt lake activities . Club merchandise will be on sale . membership forms for those that need . Questions answered . Hopefully club members will be on the stand for the whole event ( 3 days Sat - Mon )
Also Norm of Aussie desert coolers will be at the event , and hopefully Larry O,Toole of Australian Hot Rodding magaizine will be having a stand as well .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

HOT ROD SHOW
Location RNA Showgrounds Brisbane
Dates and Times
May Sat 5th 9.30 am - 8 pm
Sun 6th 9.30 am - 8 pm
Mon 7th 9.30 am - 5 pm

This is the 39 th annual Brissy hotrod show . I was at the 1st one , i went with a mate , his dad drove us down from Maroochydore . Who else was there ?
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Guys

Looks as though I can be there for the Monday (all day). I've printed out a bunch of membership applications and will give them to Don along with the telly and DVD's as he will attend Sat Morning. Chris says the telly can be locked under the tray cover of the ute.

Lynchy
panhead_pete

Post by panhead_pete »

Keep a look out for a couple of crazed WA guys with a TV camera. Ben and Al are over there shooting footage for Cruizn.
Dreaming of the salt in 08.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Brizvegas Hotrod show is OVER , Thank god (or someone),A very costly & time consuming event.The DLRA stand was put in a pr!@k of a spot , down in a lonely corner of the last building of the show.But as landspeed racers do , we battled on. Three cars on hand , merchandise to sell , and people to help . The display was thrown together at short notice , but we all thought it looked OK! The public that actually made it to our little corner , seemed to be reasonably interested.Alot stopped to watch the video , most took photo's , and some would look at the merchadise,SHOCK , we sold something.We did have some genuine enquiries about building and racing , from a vintage sidecar bike , to a 427 Cobra (replica).A few rule books were sold to potential punters.Alot of questions were asked , and we were able to help most people with answers. We may not see a return on our efforts immediatly , but we think some seeds have been spred out to the unknowing , and that can only be good for the cause! Thank you time; Thanks to - Matt&Daniel Saunders , Chris&Cath Hanlon , Don Noble , Paul Lynch(Lynchy) , Nathan(Lag wagon)new member whom was there all 3 days , David (new member whom spent all day in there on sat) and Greg Wapling for his help with DVD's and posters.If i have forgtten someone ,sorry didn't mean to ,but it's been a hectic time and i'm !#&^%#@!!! Cheers Bob #66 C/GCC.
w3stie

Post by w3stie »

Looks good, wish I could have been there, but was on a course all weekend, and feeling sh@gged on Monday. Was that the formula SAE car next door? My son is involved with that at QUT, designing the new gearchange. Funny coincidence!
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Bob,

The display looked good and is credit to all of you who put it together! 8)

Lynchy,

There is no such thing as " too many Chev's " :wink: :lol:

Cheers,

Pete
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

I had a good time there on Saturday with Bob, Chris, Matthew and Nathan talking to interested people. One guy I spoke to had a 69 Camaro street car that he said he doesn't use enough, probably because it has a 632 big block(!) with a Richmond 6 speed. He'd be lucky to make it to the next petrol station! He thought he might put the motor in a Monaro shell for the salt and keep the Camaro pristine. Other people asked questions about the lake and the racing and even though I've yet to get there I've read enough and been told enough to give them answers worth hearing. The maps were a big help. And when we weren't busy Matthew's GCC got my attention. I was very impressed with the value for money the car represents and it does 170 mph with more to come. Looks like the car is the exception that proves my "good, fast, cheap, pick any two " rule. What are we going to do for next year's show?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Much thanks must go to our chief executive officer and managing director of DLRA stuff in Queensland MR BOB ELLIS . A great effort Bob and all the others that contributed .

Yes an action shot , with Mathew Saunders doing the talk , and Mr Bob Ellis making his usual fashion statement .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Let me try this out.....

[img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/falcon351/Matts.jpg
[/img]

It works!!!!!

Was that the formula SAE car next door?

Yes it was, nice blokes too.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Matt's car didn't stick for some reason. Here's another go:

BTW - We pushed Matt's car out the back where he fired it up and drove around to his trailer. It literally fired up as there were flames out the carby for a short while, I was starting to worry that I'd have to rip my shirt off and shove it down his carb. Thankfully (for everyone else present) I didn't have to as the car started up, split our eardrums, and tootled off to the caravan/trailer. Matt was grinning from ear to ear.

Lynchy