Posting Photos

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

DLRA
Site Admin

Posting Photos

Post by DLRA »

To be viewable on the DLRA forum all photos/images must be hosted somewhere. We use a free hosting service called PHOTOBUCKET to host our images and have found it to be very reliable over a number of years and it has consistently been improving in the features it offers.

So you can either start your own account at Photobucket or some site similar or send 'em to me and I'll arrange their hosting and addition to the right post.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Once you have your Photobucket account.

To show an image on a forum page you need to add the following tag (as text) to your post.

Code: Select all

[img]photo[/img]

for example

Code: Select all

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/dlra2/2009/speedweek2009-0306-001.jpg[/img]

You will see on your Photobucket album page that it gives you the URL for each image, if it doesn't,
go to "account options" and under the Album Settings on the left side click on the words Link Options,
this will pop up a window,
tick all options and the "always" button, now save.
When you go back to your album you will now see all the different types of links you can do,
select the one that say IMG for bulletin boards and copy and paste this text into your forum post as above.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor