Shipping from the USA

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Marty Hicks

Shipping from the USA

Post by Marty Hicks »

Can anyone give me some tips or contacts on shipping parts from the USA? I've been checking out stuff on ebay. Cheap stuff but they all want to send parts UPS / DHL etc.........BIG BUCKS

Anyone know of a shipping company that will recieve packages and ship by slow boat?
MEMBER #439
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Get in touch with Rob Thompson at info@hemi.com.au
He is shipping containers out of Seattle on a regular basis and is very reasonable on shipping rates.
I have also had smaller parts mailed to me in S.A. in USPS Express International shipping bags for between US$8 and US$20 per bag which is dependent on what will fit in the bag and not on weight.
I suppose it depends on what your Ebay supplier is prepared to do!
Marty Hicks

Post by Marty Hicks »

Cheers Cookey :D

The ebay sellers are pretty happy to ship inside the states, sometimes for free. But when you order a pair of ally heads, manifold ,cam and stuff USPS dont want to know!
MEMBER #439
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

in the thirty years that i have been importing motorcycle stuff, have always used ups, with no problems 8) ,, used bax global once, never again :twisted:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Small Items up to say 2 foot x 2 foot box the best way is Express Air US Post and should be delivered to your door via Aust Post or Aust Air Express / QANTAS. I do this all the time. I can get a lot of stuff here this way in about 7 days.

Forget UPS ( United Parcel Service - they are Ok to use inside the USA ) or other firms as they will just rip you off and I can tell you experience is a good teacher.

Anything bigger look for a decent freight forwarder and one that knows what car parts you refer to.
Last edited by DLRA 112 on Sun May 13, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member DLRA 112.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I to used Bax Global ONCE ! Big $$ and stuff ups.
Many phone calls, my freight co. had to go there twice ?? Not good !

UPS seems ok, so far !
Let us know, I need some gear brought out too.

There is a bloke out of melbourne, I think, can't find his details, there here some where.
Any way, he goes over there reg. and will buy from swap meets etc. (if you place an order for some thing ) organise non rolling bodies, parts etc that people have bought, even ebay stuff.
All goes, well packed into containers and out to here.
I haven't used him, he was recomended !!
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

you have a PEEE :shock: EEEMMMM :roll: :lol: :roll: Marty
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..