No votes

Total votes: 6

Don Hudson

Post by Don Hudson »

Has a meeting been had yet?
417 AA/FCC 91 Olds NASCAR
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

Don, we had an initial meeting, at Prospect Reservoir, and we who were there agreed to meet again but did not specify a date, time or place. I had contacted quite a few members, Kevin and Evelyne each contacted more, but there were so many members with incorrect details that we couldn't contact. One member I contacted was quite anti, and accused me of trying to change things. All I want is a stronger DLRA, and this involves nothing more than member contact. Two heads being better than one, and DLRA having over 600 heads, contact makes sense to me. That said, would you like to nominate a venue, date and time? I told one member in the Newcastle/ Hunter Valley area that if there was sufficient interest there then a Newcastle/Hunter Valley meeting would be the way to go. I can tell you, there are quite a few members up your way, and it appears there are more race cars/drivers there than in Sydney. Cop you later, Stephen
Stephen
Don Hudson

Post by Don Hudson »

Thanks, I'll chat to Bob and the stans this week.
417 AA/FCC 91 Olds NASCAR
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day Guys it pays to persivere.

Our first half dozen Qld meetings had between 4 to 6 people turn up. Suddenly (mostly thanks to Don) we had over 20 and have been well attended ever since.

Endevour to persivere
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

The Qld meetings are held at the workshop of Don Noble. Don alllows us to hang out there and set off the neighbouring businesses smoke alarms every 3 months or so. We usually bring along a TV with DVD player and show all our salt video's. Plus there are usually a few laptops set up with build photo's on display. Bob Ellis sets up shop with a couple of tubs of DLRA merchandise as well. Stubby coolers are a popular item!

All of this adds up to a good environment to lie, stretch the truth and race benches for an afternoon. We also get quite a few guys along that are starting builds or are interested in bringing a car or bike down and they get the opportunity to ask all the questions that they want. Some meetings are packed and some you wonder why you swept up the workshop but they are all worthwhile.

Stick with it guys. "If you build it, they will come"

By the way, Don tells me that we may have a newby at the next meeting called Cedric...........
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

I hope he doesn't drive a Nissan, that'd be too much.
Stephen
Dr Goggles

Big steal.....

Post by Dr Goggles »

I used to own one of the Nissan Cedrics used in the Ausie fillum "The Big Steal".....bought it years ago and I'd been using it to keep the lawn down .Last week a Japanese bloke knocks on the door makes the "unrefuse-able offer.....so it went..........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

lmfao, was it still alive?
Stephen
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Problem with driving a NISSAN is :?:
Cheers,
Trevor
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

The best thing aout a NISSAN? , is that when you scrap them , they make great Baked Bean cans! Which, end up in the dump!SO how does a Topic about NSW meetings end up about Jap (^@&??Push on with the meets guys. The rewards are many. Cheers , Bob #66 C/GCC.
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

BOB ELLIS wrote:The best thing aout a NISSAN? , is that when you scrap them , they make great Baked Bean cans! Which, end up in the dump!SO how does a Topic about NSW meetings end up about Jap (^@&??Push on with the meets guys. The rewards are many. Cheers , Bob #66 C/GCC.

I saw that MR Ellis .
By the way CEDRIC has arrived , check Engine development and performance section in forum
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
momec

Post by momec »

Wheres Cecil? :D
Acme Racing #251
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

Is anybody interested in a meeting Late January, or Early February? I'm thinking of Jan 26, or maybe Feb 2. Anybody prefer a different date? Maybe wait til after the Aussie Coolers meeting Feb 10? How about it? Don't wait until March to meet, you'll be too busy at the lake to worry about state meetings. Even if we meet earlier January, beats doing nothing and losing the opportunity.
Stephen
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

I started this ball rolling 27/8/07, with a question; do we want State Meetings?
Since then the Poll has recorded 6 votes, all in favour. Yes, only 6 voted.
A meeting was held, with 5 attendees, self included. Yes, only 5.
My last post was 20/12/07, and I asked if anybody wanted a second meeting. Sad to say, there have been no replies, so I can only conclude that the answer is no.
After 5 months, which netted 57 posts from 6922 attendances, we have a "deafening silence" which tells me I have wasted my time.
Not quite. I have actually learnt something.
Byyeeeeeeee.
Stephen
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Stephen
couple of things mate
1. I dont think there are many who use this forum from NSW I looked up ppl from Sydney and NSW there were only 8 or so who have posted more than 2 posts ,so maybe 6 responses are all you will get ??
2. Asking for interest this close to racing is not a good place to start as most if not all are only interested in getting there ride ready to race ,I know thats all Im interested in at present
If you are going to Lake G bring up a NSW meeting at the AGM ,maybe you will bet more response or interest :)
Thanks for your efforts to date :)
cheers
Gary